• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How not to run an auction!

9 posts in this topic

Sometimes I just throw my head back and laugh! Man, what a DUNCE!

No actual CGC grade listed ( I assume 4.0) and the scans look like they are outtakes from the Zapruder film!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2219227129&category=32739

Really, here is a seller with over 200 transactions, and this thing looks like an auto accident!

They haven't created a Graemlin that would express my howls of laughter on this one!

Hahahahaha! Oh, man! Sometimes life is good!

It doesn't really matter what the heck it is! wink.gif It made my day! What a hoot! Who does he expect would be enticed by this presentation? Please don't strain your eyes Rocket, we'll leave it to CSI! thumbsup2.gif

It says VG in the title so............I would hazzard a guess that it's a VG. I can make out the VG 4.0 blurr right now since I've had a few beers.

I like to buy books from these type of auctions, because the picture quality etc will scare a lot of normal bidders away so you can pick up the books a little cheeper in most cases stooges.gif

It says VG in the title so............I would hazzard a guess that it's a VG. I can make out the VG 4.0 blurr right now since I've had a few beers.

I like to buy books from these type of auctions, because the picture quality etc will scare a lot of normal bidders away so you can pick up the books a little cheeper in most cases stooges.gif

foreheadslap.gif

mind you I wouldn't be hitting that BIN price for a VG.

It says CGC VG in his auction title.

Right, and the folks here on the boards could probably give you the corresponding number for every one of those letter grades off the top of their heads. I originally was convinced that this was an intentional blurring (no pun intended) of the details of the item, but after looking at the other items the seller has auctioned (mainly sports cards), I suspect he just isn't very good at taking pictures with his camera.

The clear images of comics he has had up, were probably just lifted scans from other sources.

It's still a pee-poor way to try to get you item sold. I've seen 4.0s that were pretty nice and 4.0s that were hideous. That ASM could be either.