• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freak Brothers #1 Raw First Print-$225 shipped FINAL REDUCTION

18 posts in this topic

IMO, this is the best underground to own for long term potential appreciation. High grade copies are extremely diificult to obtain. After all of these years, the HGC is a sole 9.4 with four 9.0's. Freak Brothers is the best selling underground of all time. #1 has gone through approximately 20 printings.

This copy is a true frst print and appears to be a fine, let's say between 5.5 to 6.5. Anyway it is one of the best copies offered in a long time. The 2006 F#G has this book at $150 in 6.0. The F#G supplement, due out soon (according to Fogel) almost certainly will show a sharp increase for this issue.

My bottom line price, $225, shipped, priority mail.

FreakBrothers1Fineish001.jpg

Sorry for derailing the thread there... it is a cool book you have. I remember collecting the Freak brothers when I was a kid... wish I would have kept them all. Never had a #1 1st printing though... you should slab that baby and put it on CL IMO...

Sorry for derailing the thread there... it is a cool book you have. I remember collecting the Freak brothers when I was a kid... wish I would have kept them all. Never had a #1 1st printing though... you should slab that baby and put it on CL IMO...

I typically give board members first shot at my new books.

I have had several requests for raw, rather than slabbed copies of this book so I thought since it was mid grade I would offer it raw first.

No biggie on the derailment. It was pretty funny.

I'm curious. How can you tell this is a first printing? What makes it different than the other printings? Is there a first printing notation inside or something?

Read this... :gossip:

Mine has pink pages, which I don't see covered in that link.

Nice book by the way, I imagine first printings are pretty rare!

There are 2 versions of the first print. Look to the left of the cover price and you will see a full brown wall above the K in Freak. Mine has 1/2 brown and 1/2 orange.

For a long time (per the Kennedy guide), the thinking was the 1/2 orange on the wall was the true first printing and that your version was the 2nd. The fire escape is washed out but faint on your printing.

However, it is now believed that they were printed at the same time and both are now recognized as first prints.

A true nut like me of course has to have both versions.