• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Sale--GA, SA, BA, at least 60 books. Adding books Sunday!

135 posts in this topic

Tarzan 218, 5.0. That's a printing defect at the bottom (color loss), not wear. Strange.

One of the best depictions of a lion ever. And trust me, this one has a awesome story! A true classic. Gude $5, my price $2.

Tarzan218.jpg

:takeit:

Space Family Robinson 12

Tarzan 211, 218,219

Warlock 15

Shadow 4

Swamp Thing 10

All sold! (worship)

Thank you Squegg, and WTB!

Total noob here. Can't figure out how to get the little I'll take it sign in.

I'll take it on FF86 and FF95 if this format will do.

Welcome to the boards. To post the :takeit: quote or reply to the book you want, click the yellow happy face on the header of the quote/reply box and then click the symbol you want.

Total noob here. Can't figure out how to get the little I'll take it sign in.

I'll take it on FF86 and FF95 if this format will do.

You got it.

To post the little man click on the smiley face in the tab at the top of the reply box and you'll find it.

Welcome to the Boards, by the way.

Thanks. I've been skulking around the boards for months but haven't really posted much. Interesting reading though and some nice books to look at.

Yeah, it's addictive.

Okay, another change of pace. I'm going to list 8 GA DCs that I picked up on Ebay a while back. They were listed as "file copies," and it appears to be accurate based on this first one: note the stamp at the top that says "Lloyd Jacquet, Dec 6 1945." I had never heard of Mr. Jacquet, but after some research I found out he founded a company that contracted to produce comics for established companies, like DC. Evidently they put together Mutt and Jeff (which is all reprints), and these are some of their file copies.

I also learned that Mr. Jacquet had an interesting career, and apparently he and/or his company shares credit for the creation of the Human Torch and Sub-mariner. :o

I'm going to ask $30 a piece for these (except for one that has a rip), but I'll listen to offers or proposals for a package deal.

Here's the first one, Mutt and Jeff 20, with the stamp. 6.0, $30. :news: ON HOLD.

MJ20.jpg

Mutt and Jeff 21, 6.0, pretty tight copy, dust shadow on the back, some discoloration of the staples. And I have no idea why they're sharing a bed. $30.

MJ21.jpg

Mutt and Jeff 27, 5.5, small tear lower left corner, wave running across the middle of the cover (not moisture related). $30.

MJ27.jpg