• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is This The Real Deal?

79 posts in this topic

lol

I may go over to take a look. I've always wanted a copy of that book just for the sake of it, but it's not a book I'd drop big money on so this one looks like a winner if he'll split it out. An Iron Fist #14 would be nice as well.

Bring him a beer or two. If he wont deal, kick him in the nutz.

:jokealert:

DRX

Great business sense (thumbs u

Just came home from a night out with the wife. Lots of $10.00 buckets and B.S.

We're still waiting to here if you scored the books Gav. I think I'll kick myself in the nutz.

DRX

It's a no-go. The book has no MVS, and the guy was as rude as hell so he can keep 'em.

Sorry to hear this happened, Gav.

It's no big deal really Nick, it's not a high priority on my list of wanted books, just one I'd pick up at a bargain price if it was available.

It was the guy's attitude that got to me more than anything.

I asked if he would split the Hulk and Iron Fist out of the lot if they didn't sell. He said 'If I would split the books I would have listed them seperately wouldn't I?'

I said OK fair enough, does the #181 have the MVS intact? He replied 'no.'

Again I said OK, could you give me an idea of the grades of the books in the lot? He replied 'no.'

End of interest for me :grin:

Courtesy and manners cost nothing, especially if people are prepared to hand over their money to you. I was going to tell him it's not the best way to approach potential customers, but I can't be bothered.

I asked if he would split the Hulk and Iron Fist out of the lot if they didn't sell. He said 'If I would split the books I would have listed them seperately wouldn't I?'

Again I said OK, could you give me an idea of the grades of the books in the lot? He replied 'no.'

Courtesy and manners cost nothing, especially if people are prepared to hand over their money to you. I was going to tell him it's not the best way to approach potential customers, but I can't be bothered.

I thought that was typicial behavior for English Folk. :baiting:

:jokealert:

You should have said early doors that it was Daryl from Silver Acre selling them. (tsk)

You should have said early doors that it was Daryl from Silver Acre selling them. (tsk)

lol

Ask him if the Hulks have the MVS intact. Often those were cut out and that would greatly impact grade and price.

when the price is that low that usually is the reason. ;)

Hence the reason I said to ask about it (thumbs u

Ask him if the Hulks have the MVS intact. Often those were cut out and that would greatly impact grade and price.

when the price is that low that usually is the reason. ;)

Hence the reason I said to ask about it (thumbs u

(thumbs u

You see, there's the problem right here. You expect him to deal with someone who knows something about comic books --- nope --- not his business model.

He must have been a comic store owner that went under in the early 90s, and still has a chip on his shoulder.

grumpy.jpg