• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Record Marvel Reprints

19 posts in this topic

I'm wondering how common these are? I tried to do a CGC census search, but couldn't see anything about them.

I'm just wondering how many of you guys have any Golden Record (Fantastic Four 1 / Avengers 4 / Amazing Spider-Man 1 / Journey Into Mystery 83) reprints?

And do you people really care about them - seeing as they're not 1st prints?

Post the pictures of your Golden Record reprints if you have any :)

:headbang:

Search the census for the issues reprinted and look for an issue date of 1966. In other words, look up FF 1 and look for the one issued in 1966 (thumbs u None of them is uncommon as they all have 150+ Universal copies in the census

I don't own any of the Golden Record reprints.

I've never understood why these reprints hold relatively high value. They're reprints. (shrug)

Not to take anything away from the people who collect these of course.

Even though they are reprints - they are from the Silver Age, and are fairly close to facsimile editions. I couldn't say if they are currently overvalued or not, but with even lower grade copies of the original books costing several hundreds if not thousands of dollars, I can see the appeal to collectors whose budget can only afford a substitute.

i had a thread early in the year about the ff 1 and av 4 sealed sets i sold here in the forum..sure someone can dig that threat up..they sold for a lot.

Link (but the pictures are no longer showing)