• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec' 27 found by this kid? Has this been posted?

78 posts in this topic

Here are my current copy and old copies for comparison:

None had trimming but you can see that the cut (especially at the bottom) is not consistent

Tec274OW.jpg

Tec27CGC.jpg

Tec27.jpg

miss the last one (slight color touch and dab of glue but cover cleaned). It was signed by Bob Kane on the inside cover. I used to read it on the toilet

:takeit:

At least he's not trying to hawk it on ebay.

Well, not yet anyway. He is a scammer though. In the YouTube video, read his write up;

I am a comic book and toy collector in Moorpark and I want to show some of the really cool things i've collected over time. In case anyone was wondering, everything you see in my video's is for sale. You can check out my ebay website at: http://myworld.ebay.com/rus...

Also, i accept any friend invites. If you questions on the collectables you see in the videos, shoot me an e-mail batmancomicsandtoys@yahoo.com.

I'll bet you he's counting on some offers coming his way from people that "happen" upon his video.

At least he's not trying to hawk it on ebay.

Well, not yet anyway. He is a scammer though. In the YouTube video, read his write up;

I am a comic book and toy collector in Moorpark and I want to show some of the really cool things i've collected over time. In case anyone was wondering, everything you see in my video's is for sale. You can check out my ebay website at: http://myworld.ebay.com/rus...

Also, i accept any friend invites. If you questions on the collectables you see in the videos, shoot me an e-mail batmancomicsandtoys@yahoo.com.

I'll bet you he's counting on some offers coming his way from people that "happen" upon his video.

Wow! He has worse grammar skills than I do! :applause:

The books a fake.

There are too many things missing and different on the cover. Not even a good fake at that. Don't be fooled. I don't know what this guys game is. He either got ripped off or is trying to rip someone else off or looking for attention. Don't get suckered into it. Its definitly a fake.

I can't believe people have wasted time on this. How about the fact that his page claims that he got an anonymous piece of paper leading him on a scavenger hunt. The prize was this book.

What more needs to be said?

I can't believe people have wasted time on this. How about the fact that his page claims that he got an anonymous piece of paper leading him on a scavenger hunt. The prize was this book.

We should have a board scavenger hunt that leads us to *your* precious booty. ^^

I'm not really sure what to make of that video.

I get the whole "he's not handling that properly" thing.

I think what bothers me more is that he can't shoot a video for $% and what's with picking it up and putting it down, picking it up and putting it down.

"hey kid! set the dern, stinkin book down on a table with some decent lighting and shoot the video........stop pacing all over the room". I feel like i'm watching the opening to Saving Private Ryan. Yer giving me a goddamned headache!"

I thought I was watching a comic version of the Blair Witch Project... lol

We should have a board scavenger hunt that leads us to *your* precious booty. ^^

:eek:

yep, sure is a reprint...wasn't there an Oreo Cookie Reprint version of Tec 27?

I don't think that's a reprint from any professional printer. The Oreo reprint is recognizable by the margins on the cover; its interior is thinner with fewer pages. Youtube kid is definitely getting his jollies from rolling his own fake.

You know what? I'm going to make myself a youtube video where I also go on a random scavenger hunt and at the end I just happen to find THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!! Someone just thought they'd be nice and leave this MASSIVE FORTUNE for him? Man this kid needs a smack in the face.