• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-Mariner/Canadian Ghost Rider/Avengers/Iron Man Fire Sale

22 posts in this topic

Free bump. :)

When you think about it, what were they thinking? A "person" that lives in water, that is able to fly with little wings on his ankles.

More silly than even I would dream up for a character.

Now tell me true. If the SubMariner had not been "invented" yet and I proposed such a character as a new super whatever, wouldn't y'all be telling me how lame and rediculous my proposal was?

Sweet book by the way. Nicely centered and has Doom and Subby on the cover.

Ha Ha. Subby is like me. He doesn't have any toe nails on his big toes. :)

I think Sub Mariner has some of the coolest covers of the SA/BA!

Oh Yeah! I concur 100%. I've been a HUGE Subby fan since I was 13 and just started collecting comics. FF #219 introduced me to Subby and from there it went. #20 is definitely in the top 7 or 8 I think. The reds on that book are just killer! Later onin the run there are some picture frame covers that put nearly every other Marvel title to shame. Classic Bill Everett ones too! The 2 Dr Doom issues in #47 & 48 are SWEET! There are a few dogs in the run of course (um, #12 might be the worst Marvel cover of all time!) but the coolness factor of many other covers far outweighs them. I started a "Show Us Your Subbys" thread in the BA forum a few months ago and there some very nice covers up there right now.

As for Modern Subby, I don't think he has EVER been written better than how Bendis and others has been writing him lately.

Nice turn around on my book. Sold for 91$ on Clink when I got my 9.6, maybe I should start selling here more? Hope you sell it. Check out my Subbie 13 and 48 9.6 under copies in the current auction.

Go Subbie!!!

Joe

Snarky post. If you want to shill your own auctions, start a thread elsewhere. Uncool.

Cad edition of this issue I believe that was circulated in the UK (where I purchased it), with a cover swipe from a Red Seal issue. $60 shipped in North America. The cover is not cut at the bottom, that is how these issues were produced from the other copies I have seen (I don't think there are too many of them around).

FlashUK.jpg