• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I walk into the Post Office today.....

102 posts in this topic

......to mail some books I just sold. I'm in therefaily often, so I know most everyone by name. I walk over to Jeanie and put my books on the counter and she say's "Hi Trey, you sell comics right?" I say yes, as everyone there knows I do.

She then proceeds to tell me that her sister was recently going through some their dads things. Her sister found 2 large boxes of comicbooks.

I say wow, thats cool. I'm thinking they are probably junk moderns mid 1990's stuff.

She asks for my # and if it's all right if her sister calls me. I say sure and give her my #.

I'm not getting excited about this because of past experiences. I think we've all had them.

Not 15 minutes later, her sister calls me and tells me the whole story again. At that time something registers in the back of my mind. Jeanie at the post office is not a young woman. Mid 40's

I do the math in my head quickly and deduce that her dad is probably in his late 60's to early 70's....minimum....Oh my, this might be good!

Long story short, she says she looked at one of the books that is a Tarzan comic. She says they are in "brand new" condition. (Ya, sure. We'll see).....

She says it's a pretty big comic, #5 and is printed by Dell.

I looked in the OSPG when I got home. This could be a very good book. This may be a VERY good find!

I am going to look at the books tomorrow at 10. I will definately keep you all updated. I may need a little help if they are all GA. As I've mentioned in the past, I don't collect GA and I'm only familiar with the "BIG" boys. Never got into the romance, horror, space comics. I'll put up a few names of the books whaen I get home tomorrow....

Keep your fingers crossed for me folks. :wishluck:... :eek:

Hopefully this will be a nice OO find for you :wishluck: The Dell Tarzan you mentioned is from 1948. Not sure about its value, but could be good if it's HG.

I'm kinda hoping it's the 1938 series...... :banana:

The fact that she said it's a "large" comics sounds like you may have a winner. Large Feature 5 is oversized and it's a very cool book and not very common. It is the first comic book that is all Tarzan, so effectively it's Tarzan No.1. It reprints the first Tarzan daily strips by Hal Foster from 1929 and is an adaptation of Tarzan of the Apes. Good Luck!

Here's my copy:

LF5.jpg