• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #100 9.8??

24 posts in this topic

Just occurred to me...maybe Robo is getting kickbacks from CGC...he sells expensive books that keep getting slabbed, deslabbed, slabbed, deslabbed...he is very good for their business!

I would highly doubt that, and I dont think that would be very good for their business in the long run to be associated with that type of behaviour.

Um...that was a joke.

Robo is a pro. He knows every trick there is. Plus a few he has made up himself. He will/has auctioned un restored books. Very nice books at that. You can get a very good deal from him!! Why, you may ask? His reputation prevents bids from collectors who know of his shenanigans. He "salts" his auctions. Puts up real, 100% original key books. Along with restored sold as un restored. Slabs cracked out and up graded condition wise via his grading. Etc. Etc. Etc. You just cant tell what is what. Either you get a very good deal. Or you get badly burned.

The only way I would ever buy from him is if the book{s} is in a CGC slab. Even then I'd check the slab for any type of tampering.

I remember the line from that Howard Stern movie....

it was something like ... "The fans of Howard Stern listen for about an hour a day...because they want to hear what he'll say next.. and the people who hated Howard Stern would listen for 3 hours a day...because they wanted to hear what he'll say next"

Kinda reminds me of Robojo