• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #100 9.8??

24 posts in this topic

if you check out that link in my previous post, you can see that it's a robojo book but resto was disclosed. if it's just color touch, then the price paid might be about in line with a 9.4 or higher in a slab.

have CGC take a look

if you check out that link in my previous post, you can see that it's a robojo book but resto was disclosed. if it's just color touch, then the price paid might be about in line with a 9.4 or higher in a slab.

have CGC take a look

(shrug) I didn't think robo ever disclosed color touch etc. Maybe he has changed...or maybe he is buying resto 9.0's and 9.2's and calling them 9.8's

have CGC take a look

(shrug) I didn't think robo ever disclosed color touch etc. Maybe he has changed...or maybe he is buying resto 9.0's and 9.2's and calling them 9.8's

I've bought a couple raw off of him in the last three months and they turned out to be pretty good books w/o any undisclosed resto/issues. Think he's always going to over-grade raw books, but I bid knowing that a 9.6 is really a 9.0/9.2. I've seen the posts on here about his past digressions, so I would say he has turned a corner from my experience. I also noticed that everything he has listed now is a slab...no more raw books?

have CGC take a look

I've bought a couple raw off of him in the last three months and they turned out to be pretty good books w/o any undisclosed resto/issues. Think he's always going to over-grade raw books, but I bid knowing that a 9.6 is really a 9.0/9.2. I've seen the posts on here about his past digressions, so I would say he has turned a corner from my experience. I also noticed that everything he has listed now is a slab...no more raw books?

I would never buy a book from him,and would never have a restored book in my collection.He is a snake con artist,and you play with a snake enough times your going to get bit.Frankbearss I would definately have CGC check out your books too.I guarranty it's not just color touch.Those books were micro trimmed too meh

My first thought was Robo as well, or one of his other handles. He has a book I'm interested in right now, and discloses color touch. My fear is that it is also trimmed, and by admitting to color touch restoration, covers himself in case I dispute the book's condition.

My first thought was Robo as well, or one of his other handles. He has a book I'm interested in right now, and discloses color touch. My fear is that it is also trimmed, and by admitting to color touch restoration, covers himself in case I dispute the book's condition.

Bingo! When you go to all the expense with CGC to find out there is more to it than color touch,you will send it back ,get your refund,and he will put that POS right back on Ebay for some other sucker to buy it.Hoping they dont turn around and send it to CGC.Just avoid the headache :makepoint:

Just occurred to me...maybe Robo is getting kickbacks from CGC...he sells expensive books that keep getting slabbed, deslabbed, slabbed, deslabbed...he is very good for their business!

I would highly doubt that, and I dont think that would be very good for their business in the long run to be associated with that type of behaviour.