• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Lauren's Big Apple Comic Con Report

121 posts in this topic

Thanks for the report. The highlight of the Con for me was meeting fellow boardies for the first time: Pat, Tupeny, Roy, Dale - very cool meeting you all. I was told that I dont quite resemble my avatar. (shrug)

Picked up some nice GA books which ill post upon my return to Miami.

You met me too... :sorry:

:lol:

yes I did!!! My bad CW doh!

4021278732_d75bfac7a0.jpg Adrienne Curry (or however you spell her name) and Christopher Knight

Love what she's wearing. Stockings & garters :luhv:

:gossip: Phantom Lady costume.

Except Phantom Lady's costume doesn't include fishnets & garters. I like her version better :cloud9:

Silk Spectre from Watchmen?!

Yea, she was Silk Spectre 1. All of you who got that wrong need to turn in your nerd cred cards now. :kidaround:

4021260884_82ff5b4f37.jpg

BL is this you and your boyfriend if so I got this picture :gossip:

WEBHEAD

No, she doesn't look a damn thing like me, and Pat doesn't like dressing up (unless it's Rorschach.)

Adam West was really nice, but his manager was really slimy. Yech!

Sorry about that my misstake. DrWatson told me today you were not in costume.

doh!

WEBHEAD

4021278732_d75bfac7a0.jpg Adrienne Curry (or however you spell her name) and Christopher Knight

Believe me, I REALLY like what she is wearing too but, I don't know how you can see the Stockings and garters with those big black pants ???

4021260884_82ff5b4f37.jpg

BL is this you and your boyfriend if so I got this picture :gossip:

WEBHEAD

No, she doesn't look a damn thing like me, and Pat doesn't like dressing up (unless it's Rorschach.)

Adam West was really nice, but his manager was really slimy. Yech!

Sorry about that my misstake. DrWatson told me today you were not in costume.

doh!

WEBHEAD

No worries mate!

The biggest let down was Shatner only being there from 10-11. I only went to get my dad his autograph, but after telling my dad it was $75, he didn't feel so bad (in fact he said he wouldn't have paid more than $20. My dad is old school and spends his money wisely.)

I splurged on the Shatner sig from my mom. She loves her some Kirk! The guy with him, his rep or whatever, wouldn't let him personalize it, which was super annoying. I got Shatner to say "Hey Marci!" in his awesome William Shatner voice though, so I could pass the message along to her at least. That's the best she's gonna get. (shrug)

The biggest let down was Shatner only being there from 10-11. I only went to get my dad his autograph, but after telling my dad it was $75, he didn't feel so bad (in fact he said he wouldn't have paid more than $20. My dad is old school and spends his money wisely.)

I splurged on the Shatner sig from my mom. She loves her some Kirk! The guy with him, his rep or whatever, wouldn't let him personalize it, which was super annoying. I got Shatner to say "Hey Marci!" in his awesome William Shatner voice though, so I could pass the message along to her at least. That's the best she's gonna get. (shrug)

From my understanding by personalizing makes it harder for a person to flip an item. Sharon (from Desert Wind) called me Friday and told me that Adam West would only personalize the items he signed.

I was going to splurge on it for my dad too, but you know, I got there at 1145. Darn it all!

All the other celebrities there (from my understanding) were personalizing autographs. Adam West's manager was really insistant on it.

I was going to splurge on it for my dad too, but you know, I got there at 1145. Darn it all!

All the other celebrities there (from my understanding) were personalizing autographs. Adam West's manager was really insistant on it.

I can understand that. Often Signature sellers will send kids to get autographs from celebrities (they would pretend it was for them) then the Sellers take the signatures from their "employees" and flip them for a profit. Personalizing stops that.

I can understand that. Often Signature sellers will send kids to get autographs from celebrities (they would pretend it was for them) then the Sellers take the signatures from their "employees" and flip them for a profit. Personalizing stops that.

Which begs the question, why was Shatner just the opposite?

I am glad you all had fun...I was busy having both a conniption and a heart attack watching the Gators this weekend... in hindsight, wish I had of gone to the show doh!

I am glad you all had fun...I was busy having both a conniption and a heart attack watching the Gators this weekend... in hindsight, wish I had of gone to the show doh!

No, trust me. You probably had a better time then I did.

No, trust me. You probably had a better time then I did.

ouch, that bad (shrug)

Today, she was running around in the hottest Wonder Woman get up I've ever seen. I hope someone posts a pic.