• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Lauren's Big Apple Comic Con Report

121 posts in this topic

4020530959_91da07b11d.jpg

I believe this was the gentleman dressed up on Sunday in a vintage Star Trek costume. In a skirt. :eek:

:sick:

WEBHEAD

Anything other than those tights would be an improvement! :sick: :sick:

That's where he stores his Lantern.

4021278732_d75bfac7a0.jpg Adrienne Curry (or however you spell her name) and Christopher Knight

Love what she's wearing. Stockings & garters :luhv:

Today, she was running around in the hottest Wonder Woman get up I've ever seen. I hope someone posts a pic.

How does she outrank me!

87736.jpg.667d2ca3bcc811a6daadbbf38e0f6f44.jpg

4021278732_d75bfac7a0.jpg Adrienne Curry (or however you spell her name) and Christopher Knight

Today, she was running around in the hottest Wonder Woman get up I've ever seen. I hope someone posts a pic.

How does she outrank me!

That hairstyle looks terrible when not with a 40's outfit.

How does she outrank me!

That hairstyle looks terrible when not with a 40's outfit.

:gossip: I wasn't looking at the hair.

Lauren, subconsciously you're probably unhappy with the show because (1) it was a big schlep for you and expensive to stay the night; (2) shatner; (3) it was frigid and cold in NYC this weekend.

For me it was better than the usual big apple shows by a long shot, for whatever that's worth. Probably not worth the extra $10-$15 it cost though. I think the set up with pier 92 and pier 94 was idiotic though. it's like they had all that extra space and wanted to use it for no good readon. The space was...big. Yeah, it has a warehouse feel to it. Javitz is more pleasant on the inside (except when you're taking the bar exam there).

From a dealer's perspective, how much did tables cost there?

Lauren, subconsciously you're probably unhappy with the show because (1) it was a big schlep for you and expensive to stay the night; (2) shatner; (3) it was frigid and cold in NYC this weekend.

For me it was better than the usual big apple shows by a long shot, for whatever that's worth. Probably not worth the extra $10-$15 it cost though. I think the set up with pier 92 and pier 94 was idiotic though. it's like they had all that extra space and wanted to use it for no good readon. The space was...big. Yeah, it has a warehouse feel to it. Javitz is more pleasant on the inside (except when you're taking the bar exam there).

From a dealer's perspective, how much did tables cost there?

I never said I spent the night in NYC. I came in around 10, left at 6pm. Plus, Baltimore had the same weather all weekend, so frankly I was more than used to it. Dafoe was a bigger let down for me, especially since I have yet to get my refund check.

I will say it was an improvement over last year's show. The space was better and more organized. The registration confused me as to why it would be in the other pier, but whatever. Not a big deal to me. I thought it was more organized then last year's show.

Edit:

No, not Jessica Simpson. I prefer Christina Agulera (or however you spell her name) since we're both roughly the same height.

Thanks for the report. The highlight of the Con for me was meeting fellow boardies for the first time: Pat, Tupeny, Roy, Dale - very cool meeting you all. I was told that I dont quite resemble my avatar. (shrug)

Picked up some nice GA books which ill post upon my return to Miami.

Sardo :headbang:

Thanks for the report. The highlight of the Con for me was meeting fellow boardies for the first time: Pat, Tupeny, Roy, Dale - very cool meeting you all. I was told that I dont quite resemble my avatar. (shrug)

Picked up some nice GA books which ill post upon my return to Miami.

You met me too... :sorry:

:lol:

Cheezy :headbang:

well, rushing in at 10 and schlepping back home 3 or 4 hours at 6 pm would put a damper on it for me too! you were talking about eating in new york, etc., I figured you'd be making a weekend of it. visiting some abandoned buildings, taking some pictures, etc.