• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fables #1 multiple covers

23 posts in this topic

IF I remember correctly, it was 50/50 when solicited, but seems to have been less when released... I pre-ordered the Alex Maleev cover, and when I picked it up, it was the only one that my LCS had gotten in.

It was supposed to be a split but I experienced the same thing.

It could have been demand for the Jean cover was far in excess of the Maleev. It took me a while to find the right copy.

Is that a book severely underpirced in OPG at $8? Every one on ebay seems to be well over $10.

I should hope they are well over $10.

OSPG is worthless for moderns, I mean Walking Dead #1 is listed at $40.

A 9.8 copy of Fables #1 will go for between $150 and $180

Plus, as I said some time ago, I think it's probably the best read in comic history for the longevity. How many have gone 90 and are still that good? I can't really think of any. WD might be one of those.

Hell, Sandman only went 75. Bone only went 55. Transmet was 60 and Preacher 66. Willingham has something special here.

Pat

Plus, as I said some time ago, I think it's probably the best read in comic history for the longevity. How many have gone 90 and are still that good? I can't really think of any. WD might be one of those.

Hell, Sandman only went 75. Bone only went 55. Transmet was 60 and Preacher 66. Willingham has something special here.

Pat

:gossip: Cerebus

Even if one holds the opinion that the book was so-and-so for the first 20-30 issues and it started turning into rubbish sometime after 170 or so (I'm not one of those people, by the way), it still had a pretty impressive run of amazingly well-written and gorgeously drawn stories, with a level of complexity seldom displayed by any comic book in the History of the Medium.

Yes, I like Cerebus. :sumo:

Is that a book severely underpirced in OPG at $8? Every one on ebay seems to be well over $10.

Well, the top guide price does not purport to be for a CGC 9.8, but rather, for a 9.2 raw, which I still think is well over $10 in the real world.

Mind you, I understand a book that got hot during the year not always being reflected in a yearly guide, but Fables has had this sort of interest for a long while.

It's definitely more than a $10 book, but it's been reprinted as a single issue at least twice, I think. There was a FCBD edition, and a 25-cent edition. And I think DC put out a 'after Watchmen' edition this year, too. Plus the TPBs. That probably keeps the price down a bit.

I can recall looking at the stack on the shelves when it came out and they alternated Jean/Maleev covers through the stack. Unless the dealer did it that way intentionally, I'd assume they were 50/50. But the Jean cover is probably nicer overall, and he was the coverist for the bulk of the series, so if people pick one to keep, they'll probably go with that one.

Guess I'm in the minority, liking the Maleev cover better... ce la vie...

For those that don't remember the covers here's a reminder look. Figured this far down the thread it might help.

283988-9723-110323-3-fables_super.jpg

133367-9723-110323-1-fables_super.jpg

Quite interesting disparity there. Jean's cover is "hey, this book could be Sandman!", while Maleev's is "hey, this book could be Hellblazer!"

Though I've had both covers since they came out, I've never actually noticed how different the approach was hm

Someone had the maleev cover in the VCC for less than that, and the only ones I could find prices on had ended even lower on ebay. But the VCC was the first time I'd seen the Maleev cover, so I was curious was the deal was...

Someone had the maleev cover in the VCC for less than that, and the only ones I could find prices on had ended even lower on ebay. But the VCC was the first time I'd seen the Maleev cover, so I was curious was the deal was...

:whistle: Juggernaut had it for sale in the VCC and I picked up from him for $125 w/ free shipping

I was going by GPA. I didn't see the Maleev in the VCC.

The average price is $150 with a high of $210 this last July.

I haven't seen one on Ebay in a while, longer for a Jean cover.

Just did a search of closed auctions, and they don't show any. (shrug)

:whistle: Juggernaut had it for sale in the VCC and I picked up from him for $125 w/ free shipping

Sounds like a good pickup:-)

If I hadn't blown my wad before I'd seen it, I would have been all over it.

And I'd swear I saw one in completed listings over the weekend for 90, but you're right - I don't see it now.

:acclaim: