• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Those troublesome hard-to-find HG comics to complete your run...

60 posts in this topic

FF, How's your 116-129 run? I've got:

116 9.2

119 9.8

120 9.4

121 9.4

122 9.2

123 9.4

124 9.6

125 9.8

126 9.4

127 9.4

128 9.6

129 9.4

Both 117 and 118 I've seen a couple of times at 9.4, but missed out. I've bid on a 122 in 9.4, but was outbid by 50 cents. mad.gifsmirk.gif

Have you seen a 116 above 9.2?

Pardon me but this last post had far too few paragraphs and run on sentences to fully convey your meaning and shower us with your intellect.

I'll do you one better and write this post in haiku format:

Tries to be clever

In his posts that say nothing

Poor Clobberintime!

- Gene

I'm not sure what all of mine grade at, I haven't graded most of them yet and I almost never buy CGC books worth less than $200, especially Bronze books. They're all somewhere between 9.0 and 9.8, not sure where they fall; I'm missing 117 and 128 entirely. Every 128 I see is cover offset so I keep passing. I almost never see 127, and the ones I do see are incredibly crooked-offset. I don't remember ever seeing a 117 for sale in 9.0 or better. I've never seen a 116 better than 9.2. I've only been collecting FF for less than 2 years though, so I'm not a huge voice of experience on finding them. But I have looked voraciously since I started.

I prefer to hunt for Bronze at conventions; that's where I've gotten all of my 116 to 129 run except one or two issues. Picked up a 9.6/9.8 copy of 121, 9.4 copy of 122, and 9.4 copy of 123 a few months ago at a con for $20 apiece. I grade all new comics that come to me, but anything I bought before about a year ago is largely ungraded.

I'll probably grade them tomorrow since you've gotten me curious. laugh.gif

Some FF comments,

I hate to depress some of you but I bought an unslabbed #45 on eBay for about

60 bucks that came back CGC 9.4. I was going to sell it becuase I think I might have a better copy then I realized you guys are right- the darn thing never comes up for sale in high grade so fortunately I kept it.

#31- have searched for almost 3 decades for a superior copy to no avail!

#37- Never seen one 9.4 or better

#56- super tough to find- I sold a 9.4 on eBay that was the highest graded because I think a copy I still have is better but since I don't have it slabbed you never know!

Many others- since there are many high grade FF collectors out there we may need to start a special thread for tough to find FF's!

Murph,

ASM #96 in NM 9.2-9.4 isn't too difficult, but it is a lot harder than 97 or 98. 15 is a killer as well, and commands very high prices, like 16.

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #96 CGC 9.2

$199.99 MAR-12-02

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #96 CGC 9.4

$450.00 2001(COMICLINK)

$610.00 MAY-07-02

$326.00 OCT-2002

$415.00 MAY-12-02

There were a couple between in the $400-$500 range.

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #15 CGC 9.4

$8,000.00 MAY-23-02

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #15 CGC 9.4

$7,601.00 MAY-07-02

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #15 CGC 9.2

$1,265.00 NOV-25-01(HERITAGE)

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #15 CGC 9.2

$2,100.00 NOV-2002(COMICLINK)

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #15 CGC 9.0

$700.00 Dec-22-01

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #15 CGC 9.0

$1,225.05 JUN-30-02

Conservo,

I agree on the FF thread.

What grade did the seller claim this #45 as? Were you expecting this grade?

Any chance you'd reconsider selling? wink.gif

You could have had all of those issues if you weren't so (caption deleted).

grin.gif

Wish I could help you with some of your wants but unfortunately you have some of my books that you won't sell me back. Therefore, what is the incentive to fill that want list?

I'd like to pick up a 96 in 9.4 but don't want to pay the Comiclink price. They currently have one. I've seen a couple ASM 15's on eBay but certainly not more then a handful. I'd love to have bought that 9.0 for 700 dollars as this is my fav issue smile.gif

Brian

Here is a fine condition copy that ends tonight with no bids, and here is one in very fine that closed November 17 for $6.55.

Thoughts?

I think you stole scans from yourself! lol! Is that the same scan for different grades? And can I get the one that didn't sell for $5? Thanks! Can't hoard enough Gwen Stacy's since she'll be making an appearance (played by Heather Graham) in the upcoming Spider-Man sequel next year.

AndrewKnight,

I don't think the guy listed a grade just said it was nice and it looked good in the scan. This was before or just at the beginning of CGC when you could still pick up nice unslabbed Silver books on eBay. You still can but my experience is that the books are mainly now because the grading is terrible. I am going to hold onto it until I get my other copy slabbed. This may be awhile because I think CGC needs a little competition in the market to drive their slabbing fees down and tighten their standards.

#31- have searched for almost 3 decades for a superior copy to no avail!

FF #31 was the hardest issue between 20-30 for me to acquire. Bit the bullet and bought a CGC 9.2 about a year ago for $400. Best copy I have ever seen ( but I'm not a BSD, so that's not saying much).

BlazingOne,

I might sell them to you if you were't so (caption deleted)!

grin.gif Oh, a New York dealer at the center of the comic book collecting world that has had his hand in every Pedigree FF collection that has ever surfaced who is swimming in high grade copies whinning that I won't sell him some pathetic issues! Jeez, I need some incentice to sell you the darn things!

Typical BlazingOne transaction:

smile.gif -Thanks Bob for selling me that 9.4 Fantastic Four #48 for 4 grand. Can I have a little discount? It does seem to be plentiful in high grade!

mad.gif -What the F*&%$#$%^!! do you think I am running a charity!

smile.gif - Oh, sorry, do you want to buy my FF #50 in 9.6? How about 1.5 Overstreet?

mad.gif -Are you F%$%^&*!! kidding! Does it say 1.5F%^%$#$!! in Overstreet!!! I am running a F#$#@!! retail establishment here! Do you know the F!@#$#@! work I put in at shows so I can find books for you F#@#$%$##@ picky MotherF#$%$#@!@ Marvel high grade collectors. It's bad enought that F%^&*%!! Hertitage has cut off my BSD but now you want to F!$#%$#* me up the A## !

confused.gif -But the prices on Ebay seem to be a lot higher than Overstreet and I would like to get a good price.

mad.gif -ebAy! eBay! Shut the F!@#@!@# about eBay! This is the real world boy! How in the F!@#$%$* am I supposed to pay retail and still make a profit?

frown.gif - I...just want...to make... a little money on my book.

smirk.gif - Just give me the book and I promise I will find a book on your want list in the next ten years!

frown.gif - the offer is tempting but I think I will hold onto it.

mad.gif -F!@!@#@!@#@!!!!!!

Spoiler: The above is meant in jest but Bob is a New Yorker so I thought I better state it so he doesn't have me whacked!

Spoiler: The above is meant in jest but Bob is a New Yorker so I thought I better state it so he doesn't have me whacked!

Conservo, that was priceless and probably closer to the truth than Bob will admit. From what I have seen of his posts, I think Bob is a funny and intelligent guy and a well-connected dealer (obligatory disclaimer to prevent "whacking" from Bob's henchmen), but that is too-often obscured by his abrasive manner, rapid-fire insults and lunatic ranting and raving.

Gene

There are two books I've been looking for slabbed forever! I have just about every Captain Marvel slabbed except those two (#15 has a classic sci-fi cover) which are nearly impossible to find in great shape. I've got two or three unslabbed that wouldn't get any better than an 8.0, so I'm on the lookout.

Alright, I know I'm not talkin about FF or ASM's, but then again, there's a zillion of em out there, so "It's Clobberin Time"

Oh Gene, I am so sorry to not be quiet and meek like everybody else. I admit that in some cases that's exactly how I sound on the phone or in person. Sorry, I don't meet your qualifications on how to act when someone tosses out statements or lies that I don't agree with. Forgive me if I get pissed off when you refer to my ranting and raving as "lunatic". I should sit idly by when A**H***s openly lie or make up stories of why Nicolas Cage is selling his collection, seriously question some of the doom and gloomers when I do shows across the country, sell internationally, sell on ebay, do shows and do in office transactions. Please allow me to lay at your feet and bow to your greatness. Rapid fire insults are generally hurled at those who deserve them so be honored that they are tossed your way. It means somebody out there actually pays attention to what you have to say. If no one responded to you would you go away?