• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #19

13 posts in this topic

I have to stick at 6.5. The bottom spine and top outside corners on the back cover keep me from 7.0. Also, factoring in the dust shadows. Still a decent book though. (thumbs u

DRX

Thanks for the replies..both of this book and the FF22 were sold to me as 8.5s by one of the major comic book dealers.

I am deciding if I should keep them or return them. Personally, I rated the FF19 as an 8.0 and the FF22 as a 7.5.

jeff

Who was the dealer?

DRX

FF19front.jpg

The dust shadows are a shame (they give the "appearance" of brittleness) but this is one of my favourite covers: superheroes and ancient Egypt.

I'd be very happy with this as a 7.0 --with the dust shadows taking the grade down a notch or two. A very nice book if you don't feel that you over paid.

I can't imagine a book with a multi-sided dust shadow ever being a VF. I would be upset if I purchased that as a VF.

However, I think it is one of the nicest Fine+ you're ever going to find, and it is a great cover.