• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink auction results.

246 posts in this topic

Back to the Auction...how's this for a pleasant surprise for the consignor?

War is Hell # 1 CGC 9.8

That book is sweet and I bet Doc Joe is on the prowl . . .

Adding a 9.8 with that miswrap would be deleterious to my collection.

I prefer my 9.8 thats perfectly centered.

;)

I would have known that you had one if you wouldn't have your set Obscured. :makepoint:

War is Hell # 1 CGC 9.8

;)

I would have known that you had one if you wouldn't have your set Obscured. :makepoint:

Its the shame I feel for how much I paid for all the 9.8's in there.

War is Hell # 1 CGC 9.8

;)

I hate to break it to you, Doc. That book ain't perfectly centered. :gossip:

War is Hell # 1 CGC 9.8

;)

Its the shame I feel for how much I paid for all the 9.8's in there.

Well, one thing it saves you is PM's from me asking if you want to sell your undercopy every time you upgrade. lol

War is Hell # 1 CGC 9.8

;)

true true true, just nicer than the current Clink one. I know who is selling the book and I hope it does well. I think I know 3 people who would be after it, so ???$1000+ book.

Joe

Also noticed the ASM 39 CGC 9.4 dropped to about $2400 when GPA was at $3500 for this book.

I noticed that one as well. The soft price may have been related to the ugly grease pencil arrival date on the cover.

You know the funny thing about this book? It used to be the Ohio 9.2 which I sold in August for $2200, which was a HUGE price for a 9.2. It seems that it has now lost the Ohio designation after it was pressed and resubbed. $2200 for a 9.2 with that FUGLY grease pencil date was huge but $2700 for a 9.4 with same is pretty weak. The buyer made a few bucks but I assume considerably less than expected.

Very few books after CL's commission, pressing fees (if it was pressed), resubbing fees and shipping are factored in.

God I love it when someone playing the crack-and-resub game loses, and even more so if it was someone playing the crack-press-and-resub game.

Why do people leave the ped status off of resubs? Do they honestly think it will fool people or prevent them from tracking down a book's history? :screwy:

I think the obvious answer is yes, they think it will.

Why do people leave the ped status off of resubs? Do they honestly think it will fool people or prevent them from tracking down a book's history? :screwy:

I think the obvious answer is yes, they think it will.

the book would have gotten more $$$ with the ohio pedigree designation. :screwy: i had a pac coast CGC 8.5 sent in for pressing and i'm waiting to see what CGC grades it, and yes the label was included.

Also noticed the ASM 39 CGC 9.4 dropped to about $2400 when GPA was at $3500 for this book.

I noticed that one as well. The soft price may have been related to the ugly grease pencil arrival date on the cover.

You know the funny thing about this book? It used to be the Ohio 9.2 which I sold in August for $2200, which was a HUGE price for a 9.2. It seems that it has now lost the Ohio designation after it was pressed and resubbed. $2200 for a 9.2 with that FUGLY grease pencil date was huge but $2700 for a 9.4 with same is pretty weak. The buyer made a few bucks but I assume considerably less than expected.

asm39.jpg

asm39-1.jpg

Awesome...let's lose a books history and provenance for a few frigging dollars. The fact it isn't labelled an Ohio is a shame, intolerable and disgusting. I can't imagine why I despise pressing.

Jim

Ok, who outbid me on the Hulk 1? :mad:

lol Not me, but I was looking at it when it was cheaper. First time I'd considered a PLOD.

I went pretty high on it but it got snipped during the last few seconds... :(

How much did it sell for?

2750.....I also was outbid on it. It seems like half GPA is becoming the norm for slight P resto on mid grade keys. I was willing to go 2200 on it....looked more like a 6.0 than a 5.0. I was also outbid on the FF 8 (8.0 WHITE), JIM 89 ( 9.0), and a few others. The FF closed well but slightly lower than the past few sales. I expected the JIM 89 to hit 3500...a good deal was had on that one. I also expected the Avengers 3 (9.4) to close much higher than 6600. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. A friend used to own that ASM 39....it would probably have required a pressing to reach 9.4....I passed on it because of the arrival date. I don't mind stamps but don't care for grease pencil.

I watched the JIM #89 closely. I had a very polite board member ask me if I was going to bid on it and I didn't. I hope he got his book.

I think that maybe the slight tanning on the spine edge may have kept the price down as I expected that book to crack $3K as well but hey, another book that went below people's expectations.

Jimbo, the grease pencil is common on Ohio copies, as is what looks to be a subscription crease on the earlier books.

Some Ohio trivia:

After looking at some Ohio copies at Nelson Dodd's booth in Baltimore I commented on what looked to be a sub crease going through the top half of the book that I was examining up close. Nelson was the original dealer to bring the Ohio collection to market. Turns out that the kid who originally bought the Ohio books off the newsstand used to purchase his comics and then fold them and put them in his back pocket on his way home so the earliest books exhibit this crease that goes only part way down the book....the crease was only as long as the kid's back pocket was. As the kid became more conscious of the book's state of preservation he stopped this practice.

R.

asm39.jpg

asm39-1.jpg

Awesome...let's lose a books history and provenance for a few frigging dollars. The fact it isn't labelled an Ohio is a shame, intolerable and disgusting. I can't imagine why I despise pressing.

Jim

You know, pressing isn't necessarily the reason the book lost its pedigree designation. Jive has resubmitted at least two books with the pedigree label and they were lost by CGC.

It's an assumption that the pedigree was lost intentionally. However, I do know that it does happen.

War is Hell # 1 CGC 9.8

;)

true true true, just nicer than the current Clink one. I know who is selling the book and I hope it does well. I think I know 3 people who would be after it, so ???$1000+ book.

Joe

MUCH nicer... very near perfect. (thumbs u

The grade went from 9.2 to 9.4, but the PQ went from White to OWW?

hm could that be a product of the pressing?

No. Could be just a slight swing in grading standards.

I watched the JIM #89 closely. I had a very polite board member ask me if I was going to bid on it and I didn't. I hope he got his book.

I think that maybe the slight tanning on the spine edge may have kept the price down as I expected that book to crack $3K as well but hey, another book that went below people's expectations.

Jimbo, the grease pencil is common on Ohio copies, as is what looks to be a subscription crease on the earlier books.

Some Ohio trivia:

After looking at some Ohio copies at Nelson Dodd's booth in Baltimore I commented on what looked to be a sub crease going through the top half of the book that I was examining up close. Nelson was the original dealer to bring the Ohio collection to market. Turns out that the kid who originally bought the Ohio books off the newsstand used to purchase his comics and then fold them and put them in his back pocket on his way home so the earliest books exhibit this crease that goes only part way down the book....the crease was only as long as the kid's back pocket was. As the kid became more conscious of the book's state of preservation he stopped this practice.

R.

There was a collection making the rounds in Tyson's Corner in the early 90's...also original owner and also with the same grease pencil arrival date....they were from Dayton if I remember correctly, a town which will forever live in infamy as the hometown of my ex-wife :jokealert: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u