• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink auction results.

246 posts in this topic

The grade went from 9.2 to 9.4, but the PQ went from White to OWW?

hm could that be a product of the pressing?

Does anyone know if it was definitely pressed or a straight resub?

Yes. Whoever subbed it.

Awesome...let's lose a books history and provenance for a few frigging dollars. The fact it isn't labelled an Ohio is a shame, intolerable and disgusting. I can't imagine why I despise pressing.

Jim

You know, pressing isn't necessarily the reason the book lost its pedigree designation. Jive has resubmitted at least two books with the pedigree label and they were lost by CGC.

It's an assumption that the pedigree was lost intentionally. However, I do know that it does happen.

I'd like to retract my earlier comments and throw virtual feces at the submitter for purposely omitting the pedigree details about this book for whatever reason(s)

Yes. Whoever subbed it.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Awesome...let's lose a books history and provenance for a few frigging dollars. The fact it isn't labelled an Ohio is a shame, intolerable and disgusting. I can't imagine why I despise pressing.

Jim

You know, pressing isn't necessarily the reason the book lost its pedigree designation. Jive has resubmitted at least two books with the pedigree label and they were lost by CGC.

It's an assumption that the pedigree was lost intentionally. However, I do know that it does happen.

I'd like to retract my earlier comments and throw virtual feces at the submitter for purposely omitting the pedigree details about this book for whatever reason(s)

But that's my point, you assume it was purposeful.

Yes. Whoever subbed it.

captainobvious.jpg

Why do people leave the ped status off of resubs? Do they honestly think it will fool people or prevent them from tracking down a book's history? :screwy:

I think the obvious answer is yes, they think it will.

the book would have gotten more $$$ with the ohio pedigree designation. :screwy:

Yes, but the person submitting probably felt it would get more money as a non-ped 9.4 than a pedigreed 9.2, and apparently believed, rightly or wrongly, that his chances of getting a 9.4 would be improved by not letting CGC know about its provenance.

i had a pac coast CGC 8.5 sent in for pressing

Really sorry to hear that. :(

(worship)

Jim

But that's my point, you assume it was purposeful.

i do.

if it wasn't, then that submitter's got the brains G-d gave a barnacle

Yes. Whoever subbed it.

:signfunny:

I bought the book as an old label 9.2 which was graded back in '01 or '02. I thought it looked a lot nicer than a 9.2 so I cracked it and resubbed. The book had/has a 1/2" corner crease on the back cover which brings the grade down. Otherwise it's a 9.6/9.8. Given the defect and .2 grade bump, I'm willing to bet serious money it was pressed. The crease broke some of the paper fibers, it probably didn't come all the way out but enough for the .2 bump. It was not a soft crease, I highly doubt it came all the way out but it was probably minimized. I really don't care that it was pressed but losing the Ohio ped is a shame in a futile attemt to disguise something that really doesn't need to be disguised IMO.

I hate to derail a perfectly good pressing thread but I picked up these two cheapies.

I had wanted a copy of this one for a whle and at less than half the price of the last 6.0 (and a little less than this sold for the past two times), I was happy to pick it up here.

RAD030002009923_94548.jpg

This one is at least a card cover and upgrades my raw copy and was also at a cheaper price than the last raw copy I bid for on eBay in similar grade. (The 9.2 sold for $200, so this one at $71 and $35 below my top bid makes me quite happy.)

RAD030E82009918_182538.jpg

I had wanted a copy of this one for a whle and at less than half the price of the last 6.0 (and a little less than this sold for the past two times), I was happy to pick it up here.

Nice snag. :applause:

No. Because it's much more entertaining to assume everything has been pressed. :popcorn:

I hate to derail a perfectly good pressing thread but I picked up these two cheapies.

This one is at least a card cover and upgrades my raw copy and was also at a cheaper price than the last raw copy I bid for on eBay in similar grade. (The 9.2 sold for $200, so this one at $71 and $35 below my top bid makes me quite happy.)

RAD030E82009918_182538.jpg

Never seen that Adventures Of Pussycat before. Nice book. As for the Lois Lane, great looking comic but "Ideal Man"? doh!

Also noticed the ASM 39 CGC 9.4 dropped to about $2400 when GPA was at $3500 for this book.

I noticed that one as well. The soft price may have been related to the ugly grease pencil arrival date on the cover.

You know the funny thing about this book? It used to be the Ohio 9.2 which I sold in August for $2200, which was a HUGE price for a 9.2. It seems that it has now lost the Ohio designation after it was pressed and resubbed. $2200 for a 9.2 with that FUGLY grease pencil date was huge but $2700 for a 9.4 with same is pretty weak. The buyer made a few bucks but I assume considerably less than expected.

asm39.jpg

asm39-1.jpg

Jim

That is a shame. Sucks that a book has to lose its ped so some knucklehead can make a few extra greenbacks

Also noticed the ASM 39 CGC 9.4 dropped to about $2400 when GPA was at $3500 for this book.

I noticed that one as well. The soft price may have been related to the ugly grease pencil arrival date on the cover.

You know the funny thing about this book? It used to be the Ohio 9.2 which I sold in August for $2200, which was a HUGE price for a 9.2. It seems that it has now lost the Ohio designation after it was pressed and resubbed. $2200 for a 9.2 with that FUGLY grease pencil date was huge but $2700 for a 9.4 with same is pretty weak. The buyer made a few bucks but I assume considerably less than expected.

asm39.jpg

asm39-1.jpg

Jim

That is a shame. Sucks that a book has to lose its ped so some knucklehead can make a few extra greenbacks

What BS. Why would they do this, for a few hundred dollars?This is why I prefer collectors to flippers and dealers. I would have been happy having the 9.2 Ohio copy with white pages..

If their is any bright side to all of this.... its that some of us might have within our possessions a Pedigree copy that we bought without the pedigree premium.

Perhaps its worth it to screen through the Heritage archives to see if that's true.

This is why I prefer collectors to flippers and dealers.

+1

maybe CGC will make a note attached to the book serial number saying Ohio. Then if anyone adds it onto the registry it will indicate that. or maybe . . . they dont care?

I ended up getting one piece of Modern for nothing. I'm saving my ammo for the upcoming Flash auctions. An interesting thing that many have observed happened with the Flash books as well. The one 9.6 highest graded got a great price but all of the 8.5-9.2 stuff was very cheap. Some of them went for under the cost of the slab. It makes you wonder whether my desire for 9.6/9.8 copies is a smart strategy.