• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shops in Toronto?

59 posts in this topic

Ok, so I'm sitting here on the flight going to Atlanta, then to Buffalo, then driving across to Niagara Falls with my wife for our 5th anniversary.

We're planning on going to Toronto again also which we will drive up from Niagara. Are there any good comic shops I should check out?

Keep in mind I primarily collect bronze age magazines and golden age books so if the shops don't have any decent back issues I probably wouldn't be interested.

Any help?

(BTW: being online while on a flight as far as I'm concerned is now the ONLY way to fly!)

Silver Snail on Queen St. would probably give you the most bang for the buck.

They're in the heart of the trendy district to it makes for good shopping and eating too. Lots of fun if the weather is nice.

I don't know what their stock is priced like but they are probably your best bet when it comes to selection.

They may or may not have any GA stuff available.

When are you going to be in T.O.?

R.

They're in the heart of the trendy district to it makes for good shopping and eating too. Lots of fun if the weather is nice.

I don't know what their stock is priced like but they are probably your best bet when it comes to selection.

R.

And if your looking for GA Comics Try PARADISE COMICS

http://www.paradisecomics.com/site/main.html

Silver Snail have nothing...mostly morderns and a nice selection of statues.

Pendragon comics owned by Darcy Farrel is the place to go, but don't expect any bargins...hes pricy, but the average grading on his bronze age stuff is unbelievable. He also has about 3,000 CGC graded comics including everything from 1935 onwards. (His price sugest he dosen't want to sell anything...its more of a museum, but its 4 mins off the QEW on your way down to Toronto.

http://www.pendragoncomics.com/

R.

And if your looking for GA Comics Try PARADISE COMICS

http://www.paradisecomics.com/site/main.html

My gosh, brain fart here.

Peter Dixon's Paradise Comics is apparently a great store and although I'm good friends with the guy I've never been there so it wasn't on my radar.

It's not in an area of Toronto I usually frequent but it's right off the 401 on Yonge St. so you should have a good time there.

(thumbs u

R.

Don't bother with the Snail, waste of time.

Paradise is the place to go, Peter and Doug will deal too if you're buying more than 1 thing. Pendragon does have some unbelievable books, but Darcy is incredibly difficult to deal with, you'll end up more frustrated than anything!

When I used to live in Toronto, I actually had more luck going into BMV downtown--twice they got really big Golden Age collections and everything was under-priced, scored some amazing stuff and they're decent guys.

Good luck,

Jay

Darcy is hard work....but his books!!! :cloud9: I believe he's still one of the Overstreet advisors...??? It's worth stopping by on your way in to Toronto. 5 minutes out of your way. Ask if he'll show you his Marvel Comics # 1....it's not for sale and not many people know he has it. It's a soild 7.5 - 8.0 unrestored!!!

R.

We're staying at a B&B in Niagara Falls until Monday. We've already planned on going up to Toronto to go back to Greek Town, because there is something that we are buying for our anniversary.

We've stayed in Niagara before and it's wasn't a bad drive up that way. In the Dallas/Fort Worth area you get quite use to it taking 40-45 minutes anywhere you want to go.

Comics & More is in the Greek Town area... 1325 Danforth Avenue.

The owner - Rob, is a good guy, but I seem to recall the store being more focused on moderns and tpbs, he does get collections in from time to time and might have a few older gems.

storefront4.jpg

Comics & More is in the Greek Town area... 1325 Danforth Avenue.

The owner - Rob, is a good guy, but I seem to recall the store being more focused on moderns and tpbs, he does get collections in from time to time and might have a few older gems.

storefront4.jpg

hm

That sure looks familiar. I think I've been in there before.