• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shops in Toronto?

59 posts in this topic

bmv is a great store, ive found many a treasure there and at great prices. sadly, theres sparse pickings here in niagara falls. 2 stores here, one just opened on queen st and i dont know ts name and the other dosent even bag or board his new books?!?! on the to toronto, big b is an amazing store in hamilton

Silver Snail on Queen St. would probably give you the most bang for the buck.

They're in the heart of the trendy district to it makes for good shopping and eating too. Lots of fun if the weather is nice.

I don't know what their stock is priced like but they are probably your best bet when it comes to selection.

They may or may not have any GA stuff available.

When are you going to be in T.O.?

R.

We're staying at a B&B in Niagara Falls until Monday. We've already planned on going up to Toronto to go back to Greek Town, because there is something that we are buying for our anniversary.

We've stayed in Niagara before and it's wasn't a bad drive up that way. In the Dallas/Fort Worth area you get quite use to it taking 40-45 minutes anywhere you want to go.

Greek Town is awesome!

Darcey from Pendragon is a dink in every sense of the word.

Dragon Lady has been around forever and sometimes you can dig up some esoteric stuff.

I used to go to a comic store a couple doors down from the World Biggest Bookstore when I lived in Toronto. Anybody know if that's still there?

Not offering it as a suggestion, just wondering if it's still around.

I used to go to a comic store a couple doors down from the World Biggest Bookstore when I lived in Toronto. Anybody know if that's still there?

That is BMV ,still there. Their is also the Hairy Tarantula just north of that on Yonge st and Grey Region and 1,000,000 Comix on Yonge South of Bloor st.

1,000,000 has a huge selection of books compared to the others in that area of town and then there is 3rd Quadrant that moved from near the Silver Snail on Queen W further west in the new trendy area on Queen in the Bathurst St area

Yesterdays Heroes should still be at Bloor and Bathurst just south of Honest Eds store ,although I haven't been there for more than a year.

There is also a new store in downtown Niagara Falls that just opened in the summer.

Actually - that was a comics store called the Comic Emporium, CE moved further South to 137 Yonge Street (south of Richmond St) and although I had heard it had closed recently, I don't see any evidence of that on the interweb. The former storefront for CE on Edward St. was absorbed into the current BMV on Edward Street and one of that BMV's current employees - Grace, also used to work at CE.

There is also the Hairy Tarantula just north of that on Yonge st and Grey Region and 1,000,000 Comix on Yonge South of Bloor st.

1,000,000 has a huge selection of books compared to the others in that area of town and then there is 3rd Quadrant that moved from near the Silver Snail on Queen W further west in the new trendy area on Queen in the Bathurst St area

Yesterdays Heroes should still be at Bloor and Bathurst just south of Honest Eds store ,although I haven't been there for more than a year.

There is also a new store in downtown Niagara Falls that just opened in the summer.

Grey Region just went out of business.

3rd Quadrant has moved a few times since closing the Queen and McCaul location. The Queen West of Bathurst location closed and he moved into a smaller location in a basement underneath the Pages bookstore (also on Queen and near the Silver Snail) - but now both Pages and that new 3rd Quadrant location have closed ---- last facebook update I received indicated that they are relocating to the northern end of the city. Finch and Keele, and share a warehouse space with Hairy T near Steeles and Yonge.

Yesterday's Heroes is still where it is, and since no one else has mentioned it --- The Beguiling is nearby on Markham Street (north of Bloor and west of Honest Ed's), but they deal mostly with indie/alternative comics and manga.

the new one in the falls is really nice, well, actually, depends what your looking for, hes just started so not much selection but he has couches for a nice reading area, tvs showing cartoons all day etc etc. he wants to be the polar opposite of the other falls shop as thats a pig sty

Actually - that was a comics store called the Comic Emporium, CE moved further South to 137 Yonge Street (south of Richmond St) and although I had heard it had closed recently, I don't see any evidence of that on the interweb. The former storefront for CE on Edward St. was absorbed into the current BMV on Edward Street and one of that BMV's current employees - Grace, also used to work at CE.

Comic Emporium.

That was it!

They were nice people. Ran a small but efficient shop.

Thanks!

They're in the heart of the trendy district to it makes for good shopping and eating too. Lots of fun if the weather is nice.

I don't know what their stock is priced like but they are probably your best bet when it comes to selection.

R.

We're staying at a B&B in Niagara Falls until Monday. We've already planned on going up to Toronto to go back to Greek Town, because there is something that we are buying for our anniversary.

We've stayed in Niagara before and it's wasn't a bad drive up that way. In the Dallas/Fort Worth area you get quite use to it taking 40-45 minutes anywhere you want to go.

Greek Town is awesome!

Dragon Lady has been around forever and sometimes you can dig up some esoteric stuff.

We saw some nice stefanothikes for sale when we were there last time and want to pick one of this time and ship it back home for our Stefana.

(For those that don't speak Greek, Stefana are Greek wedding crowns linked together by a ribbon of sorts and stefanothikes are display boxes for the crowns)

Comic Emporium.

That was it!

They were nice people. Ran a small but efficient shop.

Thanks!

I'll have to check and see if they are open. I work 2 blocks from there and have only went in once. Since that time the coinshop beside it has closed and I think it is related to the landlord because several businesses in that little mall had closed .

R.

Greek Town is awesome!

We saw some nice stefanothikes for sale when we were there last time and want to pick one of this time and ship it back home for our Stefana.

(For those that don't speak Greek, Stefana are Greek wedding crowns linked together by a ribbon of sorts and stefanothikes are display boxes for the crowns)

Geez another Greek?

How many are there?

the new one in the falls is really nice, well, actually, depends what your looking for, hes just started so not much selection but he has couches for a nice reading area, tvs showing cartoons all day etc etc. he wants to be the polar opposite of the other falls shop as thats a pig sty

I visited the Sty one when I was in Niagara falls.

Walked in..Saw the crowded mess. Walked out

Well, if you're driving to Toronto from Niagara Falls, you MUST stop into Big B Comics in Hamilton, Ontario, which is on route. I'd say it's the most complete comic book shop in Ontario, IMHO. There's a large volume of new arrivals, TPBs, supplies, and yes the statues, but there's an excellent selection of wall books, back issues in Mylar, some CGCs, and a basement full of $2 back issues that will keep you busy. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Big B Comics

Well, if you're driving to Toronto from Niagara Falls, you MUST stop into Big B Comics in Hamilton, Ontario, which is on route. I'd say it's the most complete comic book shop in Ontario, IMHO. There's a large volume of new arrivals, TPBs, supplies, and yes the statues, but there's an excellent selection of wall books, back issues in Mylar, some CGCs, and a basement full of $2 back issues that will keep you busy. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Big B Comics

I concur, Big B usually has some nice stuff. This a pick-up for $55 Cdn.

Avengers15.jpg

Sometimes you need to search the bins closely but nice stuff is there,

Walt from Big B is a newly appointed Overstreet advisor. The work really hard at filling their bins up with fresh stuff for cons.

I bought this wall book at the last big con they were at.

Batman227.jpg