• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love it when....

53 posts in this topic

I get in a box with seven or eight 9.6/9.8 original owner bronze book with virtually perfect spines. In this case it was Avengers 120-127. All of them just beautiful, with perfect white backs and pages and great gloss. The cherry on top is that I paid only $5-15 apiece for them. What a happy day!

Oh wait. That's what I WOULD have gotten if the seller hadn't stuffed the books into a flat rate box too small for them, resulting in the lower spine corners getting crushed on EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Awesome.

doh! Sorry, Andy. Not much consolation but least you get to lower his eBay rating for shipping :foryou:

He had better make this VERY right or I am going to totally trash his feedback. These books were just gorgeous before shipping. The one that survived unscathed, 126, is a walk-in-the-park 9.8. All of them looked like they were just plucked off the printing press....except for the mutilated corners. :frustrated:

doh! Sorry, Andy. Not much consolation but least you get to lower his eBay rating for shipping :foryou:

He had better make this VERY right or I am going to totally trash his feedback. These books were just gorgeous before shipping. The one that survived unscathed, 126, is a walk-in-the-park 9.8. All of them looked like they were just plucked off the printing press....except for the mutilated corners. :frustrated:

The lack of common sense with sellers like that is mind boggling. What did he think was going to happen to those pristine books when he shoehorned them into the box, FFS

The lack of common sense with sellers like that is mind boggling. What did he think was going to happen to those pristine books when he shoehorned them into the box, FFS

No clue. If someone is anal enough to keep these in immaculate shape, you'd think they would be anal enough to use a decent sized box to ship them in.

I get in a box with seven or eight 9.6/9.8 original owner bronze book with virtually perfect spines. In this case it was Avengers 120-127. All of them just beautiful, with perfect white backs and pages and great gloss. The cherry on top is that I paid only $5-15 apiece for them. What a happy day!

Oh wait. That's what I WOULD have gotten if the seller hadn't stuffed the books into a flat rate box too small for them, resulting in the lower spine corners getting crushed on EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Awesome.

That could have been avoided if CGC cared enough to put all the high-grade books they grade in that ''inner well'' to keep them from ''shifting''. :censored: I feel your pain.

For my money, this is the absolute worst experience you can have relative to collecting. Looking at beautiful copies and just knowing that they were pristine before stupidity became the coin of the shipper's realm. Sorry dude. I have had it happen twice, once with a Boardie. Both times I wanted to vom.

Awesome.

That could have been avoided if CGC cared enough to put all the high-grade books they grade in that ''inner well'' to keep them from ''shifting''. :censored: I feel your pain.

They were raw books :gossip:

For my money, this is the absolute worst experience you can have relative to collecting. Looking at beautiful copies and just knowing that they were pristine before stupidity became the coin of the shipper's realm. Sorry dude. I have had it happen twice, once with a Boardie. Both times I wanted to vom.

I am probably twice as mad as I would have been if the books had simply been overgraded. When that happens I generally just scream a curse, scare the cat, zip off an email the seller and pop them back in the mail. This instance, on the other hand, really gets my goat.

I also have several more auctions I won from this guy that I have yet to pay for. Hopefully that will be some added leverage when it comes to this guy making good.

it's happened to all of us. one of my first e-Bay purchases was an immaculate copy of X-Men 23. they shipped it in an envelope. with no padding. hello, fine-minus!

it is the pinnacle of suck and one of the reasons i am veeeerrrry leery about buying raw books on eBay unless i know the seller through either reputation or personal experience.

sorry, bro