• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love it when....

53 posts in this topic

Someone sent me a book from Cali to NC in a regular # 4 envelope sandwhiched between just two backing boards....media mail w/ no dictation of "do not bend" etc., and somehow it made it here unscathed.....sent him a PM saying he was close to a neutral at best, claimed he's been doing that well before Ebay and has never had a problem,so I sent him another message that said "board a plane to Vegas and bet the house, because you are on a roll."

I've had the same response: "What are you talking about? I've been shipping comics this way for years, and you are the first person who has ever complained." lol

:roflmao:

How prophetic. Here is his response to my email.

Andy,

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about the damage. I've shipped a couple hundred books and never had a problem before.

What I'd like to offer is a full refund for the damaged books plus half the shipping.

I'll also send you a self-addressed envelope so that you can return the damaged books.

Let me know if this is acceptable to you

Ask him to send you a tube so you can roll them up and mail them back. :idea:

I get in a box with seven or eight 9.6/9.8 original owner bronze book with virtually perfect spines. In this case it was Avengers 120-127. All of them just beautiful, with perfect white backs and pages and great gloss. The cherry on top is that I paid only $5-15 apiece for them. What a happy day!

Oh wait. That's what I WOULD have gotten if the seller hadn't stuffed the books into a flat rate box too small for them, resulting in the lower spine corners getting crushed on EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Awesome.

:frustrated::pullhair::frustrated::pullhair:

Someone sent me a book from Cali to NC in a regular # 4 envelope sandwhiched between just two backing boards....media mail w/ no dictation of "do not bend" etc., and somehow it made it here unscathed.....sent him a PM saying he was close to a neutral at best, claimed he's been doing that well before Ebay and has never had a problem,so I sent him another message that said "board a plane to Vegas and bet the house, because you are on a roll."

I've had the same response: "What are you talking about? I've been shipping comics this way for years, and you are the first person who has ever complained." lol

:roflmao:

How prophetic. Here is his response to my email.

Andy,

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about the damage. I've shipped a couple hundred books and never had a problem before.

What I'd like to offer is a full refund for the damaged books plus half the shipping.

I'll also send you a self-addressed envelope so that you can return the damaged books.

Let me know if this is acceptable to you

See if you can keep the one good book. :foryou:

:frustrated::pullhair::frustrated::pullhair:

That's what one seller told me after this book arrived. No backing boards at all. He was very obstinate when it came to making amends. I had to file a paypal dispute to get him to refund me the money. I sent it back in HIS envelope inside ANOTHER envelope -- no board. Wonder what it looked like when I got back to him. :whistle:

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

I get in a box with seven or eight 9.6/9.8 original owner bronze book with virtually perfect spines. In this case it was Avengers 120-127. All of them just beautiful, with perfect white backs and pages and great gloss. The cherry on top is that I paid only $5-15 apiece for them. What a happy day!

Oh wait. That's what I WOULD have gotten if the seller hadn't stuffed the books into a flat rate box too small for them, resulting in the lower spine corners getting crushed on EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Awesome.

This has happened to me so many times on eBay that now (unless I'm buying drek or buying from a seller I know), I send a message along these lines: "I hope you don't take this message the wrong way, but, as you know, condition is of paramount importance to comic collectors. So, please pack my comics between two substantial pieces of cardboard (it's important that the cardboard be somewhat larger than the comics). They idea is to make sure that they arrive without being damaged in any way." Hard to say how much good this does. Some sellers have ignored it. In which case, if there is any damage, I get a refund and leave negative fb.

You get a FULL REFUND and you neg the person? Please give me your name so I can block you.

That's what one seller told me after this book arrived. No backing boards at all. He was very obstinate when it came to making amends. I had to file a paypal dispute to get him to refund me the money. I sent it back in HIS envelope inside ANOTHER envelope -- no board. Wonder what it looked like when I got back to him. :whistle:

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

That's awesome!

I got a JIM #84 CGC 7.0 in an envelope. That's it. A slab in a paper envelope.

I've gotten raw, $300 books in an envelope. Just an envelope.

I've gotten books shipped loose in a box. Can you say pinball?

What is the matter with these people?

Do they forget to zip their schlitz after they take a wee?

Do they fall into toilets when going #2 because they concentrate so hard pushing that they can't keep balance?

Do these people trip over gum wrappers?

Anybody?

Bueller?

Awesome.

This has happened to me so many times on eBay that now (unless I'm buying drek or buying from a seller I know), I send a message along these lines: "I hope you don't take this message the wrong way, but, as you know, condition is of paramount importance to comic collectors. So, please pack my comics between two substantial pieces of cardboard (it's important that the cardboard be somewhat larger than the comics). They idea is to make sure that they arrive without being damaged in any way." Hard to say how much good this does. Some sellers have ignored it. In which case, if there is any damage, I get a refund and leave negative fb.

You get a FULL REFUND and you neg the person? Please give me your name so I can block you.

Can you still leave neutrals? ???

That's awesome!

I got a JIM #84 CGC 7.0 in an envelope. That's it. A slab in a paper envelope.

I've gotten raw, $300 books in an envelope. Just an envelope.

I've gotten books shipped loose in a box. Can you say pinball?

What is the matter with these people?

Do they forget to zip their schlitz after they take a wee?

Do they fall into toilets when going #2 because they concentrate so hard pushing that they can't keep balance?

Do these people trip over gum wrappers?

Anybody?

Bueller?

doh! That's nuts. It happens a lot with the "i found this book in my father's attic" types.. but it's really inexcusable when it happens with a dealer or collector.

Just remembered another thing about my March of Comics incident. The postage on the envelope is $1.22.. I was charged $5 for shipping. That really makes me go :frustrated:

Just remembered another thing about my March of Comics incident. The postage on the envelope is $1.22.. I was charged $5 for shipping. That really makes me go :frustrated:

That only leaves $3.78 to cover the following items:

-Gas

-"Wear & Tear" on Car

-Envelope

-Ink to write addresses on envelope (sharpie & ball point)

-Travel Time to PO

-Comic Bag

Seems fair. :insane:

Feel your pain.........

I have been buying magazines on ebay and most of those people just ship the magazine in a priority envelope :frustrated:

I now put in my paypal message " I collect/buy/sell based on condition. Please let me know if I need to add a few extra dollars for SAFE shipping. THANKS! -Steve"

Half the time they do not reply and just ship/damage the damn thing :(

I remember when I used to buy often I'd throw on an extra few bucks without asking and say "Be sure this gets to me in great shape, insure it as well." And I rarely had a problem with receivables. I think if everyone who got a great deal added a "bonus" or whatever to their total and requested that the package be done to safeguard contents we'd all be better off. You wouldn't have so many people trying to "save $1.49" on shipping.

That only leaves $3.78 to cover the following items:

-Gas

-"Wear & Tear" on Car

-Envelope

-Ink to write addresses on envelope (sharpie & ball point)

-Travel Time to PO

-Comic Bag

Seems fair. :insane:

I think unless you're a high volume seller it is kind of a pain the arse to go to the post office for $3.78. But oh wait, you can ship via paypal/USPS and they come and pick it up! doh!

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

lol, I recognize that seller's name all too well. "resound-records" on ebay. I bought some pulps from him and they arrived the same way, just slammed in an envelope. By some miracle they survived the USPS handling, but the most expensive of the pulps was poorly graded and trimmed to begin with, significantly worse than described. I sent that book back (this time packed properly).

He's a goofball, and clearly can't handle the volume of items he's selling, but he did refund my money in the end.