• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So who are the great comic artists of this board?

32 posts in this topic

Which of you guys and gals can draw decent?

I like to network in the future if I ever make my own comic, you never know the next Jack Kirby or Neal Adams could be amongst us. also someone from Marvel or DC may be watching.

show us your work! ;)

Shin Kao - sckao - put up a drawing some time ago of a drawing he did of Conan on a whiteboard - a whiteboard, for the love of Crom - that had been lamentably partially erased that I still marvel at the memory of

:acclaim:

(Thanks, but I don't draw regularly any more... haven't for years, unless you're talking professional graphics which really doesn't utilize actual "drawing" skills.)

I draw on whiteboards because I can erase them and do other quick sketches when I'm bored at work. (When I'm AT work... :grin: )

Not Conan... ripped off from Frazetta. (worship)

whiteboard1-l.jpg

(Thanks, but I don't draw regularly any more... haven't for years, unless you're talking professional graphics which really doesn't utilize actual "drawing" skills.)

I draw on whiteboards because I can erase them and do other quick sketches when I'm bored at work. (When I'm AT work... :grin: )

whiteboard1-l.jpg

That's it. Dude, that's just *ing fantastic. (worship)

whiteboard1-l.jpg

:o wow :o

whiteboard1-l.jpg

NICE! (thumbs u

I think ComicWiz is a really good artist.

And, lets not forget we have had Neal Adams on the boards.

And Joe Rubenstein just posted yesterday in the OA forum.

And Scott Williams posts in OA as well.

Christian Slade (Darth Corgi) is top shelf, love his Corgi books.

RyanH is also up way there. Amazing cover recreations.

But Matthew, Shiverbones is the man....if you like demented bears, evil Carrots and dancing lollipops.

:cloud9:

Thanks chrisco, but I'm self-taught with no formal training. I am not strong with inks, and am a challenged colorist. The best illustrator I've seen on the boards is Shin. Matt's work on canvas is undoubtedly the best I've seen on and off these boards. And there are a lot of other board members with exceptional art skills on the boards who have demonstrated their work in the past but the two I mentioned are the ones that stand out.