• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern 76 in 9.6 Heads Brand New Entries in Pedigree Comics Grand Auction

3 posts in this topic

We've got some great news for you forumites out there. Pedigree Comics' Doug Schmell has acquired an awesome new batch of ultra high grade Silver and Bronze Age Marvels and DC's at the recently held Big Apple Comic Con in New York City and that all the books will be featured in Pedigree's upcoming Grand Auction that begins in less than two (2) weeks on Sunday, November 1st.

The show was an absolute success for me as I was able to track down some gorgeous books. The best book I was able to walk away from the show with is easily the Green Lantern #76 in 9.6 with off-white to white pages, only the second copy to ever make it as high as NM+. The book is incredible, with off-white to white pages, near-exact centering and full cover gloss. I have no idea what the other 9.6 looks like but it will be tough for that copy to look this nice as this smoker is unread.

I lucked out having the freedom to move around from dealer to dealer to purchase these new comics (over 50 in total) since I do not set up at conventions. I make it my business to get to the shows early and look through every dealer's inventory, both CGC graded and raw. Every one of the new books will be in the Grand Auction, which promises to be an amazing event. A sizeable portion of the books (18 in total) are on their way to CGC and will be certified in time for the auction.

Here is a list of the brand new books (all CGC certified):

Amazing Spider-Man 5 9.4

Amazing Spider-Man 6 9.4

Avengers 18 9.6

Avengers 33 9.4

Avengers 34 9.6

Avengers 43 9.6

Avengers 54 9.6

Avengers 70 9.8

Captain America 110 9.8

Captain America 124 9.6

Daredevil 78 9.6

Fantastic Four 12 9.4

Fantastic Four 79 9.6

Flash 148 9.6

Flash 158 9.6

Flash 159 9.6

Giant-Size X-Men 1 9.8

Giant-Size X-Men 1 9.6

Green Lantern 12 9.4

Green Lantern 76 9.6

Green Lantern 86 9.6

Hawkman 2 9.6

Hawkman 15 9.6

Hero For Hire 1 9.6

House of Mystery 143 9.4

House of Secrets 92 9.4

Incredible Hulk 115 9.6

Incredible Hulk 118 9.8

Incredible Hulk 160 9.8

Iron Fist 14 9.8

Iron Man and Sub-Mariner 1 9.6

Silver Surfer 10 9.6

Silver Surfer 17 9.6

Strange Tales 111 9.4

Strange Tales 118 9.6

Swamp Thing 1 9.8

Tales of Suspense 64 9.4

Werewolf By Night 1 9.6

Werewolf By Night 32 9.6

X-Men 50 9.4

X-Men 53 9.6

X-Men 94 9.6

Here is a list of the books waiting to be graded at the CGC:

Amazing Spider-Man 12 (estimated grade: 9.2/9.4)

Amazing Spider-Man 37 (estimated grade: 9.2/9.4)

Avengers 4 (estimated grade: 9.4)

Avengers 8 (estimated grade: 9.4)

Avengers 11 (estimated grade: 9.6)

Batman 168 (estimated grade: 9.4/9.6)

Captain America 109 (estimated grade: 9.6/9.8)

Daredevil 14 (estimated grade: 9.6/9.8)

Fantastic Four 21 (estimated grade: 9.4/9.6)

Fantastic Four 24 (estimated grade: 9.4/9.6)

Incredible Hulk 180 (estimated grade: 9.6/9.8)

Showcase 75 (estimated grade: 9.6)

Silver Surfer 1 (estimated grade: 9.4/9.6)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 (estimated grade: 9.4/9.6)

Wonder Woman 178 (estimated grade: 9.4/9.6)

X-Men 29 (estimated grade: 9.4/9.6)

X-Men 40 (estimated grade: 9.4/9.6)

X-Men 57 (estimated grade: 9.6/9.8)

Remember, more CGC graded comics will be added to the Grand Auction in the upcoming days. Please make sure you check the Web site (www.PedigreeComics.com) every day as well as the Boards for all further announcements and latest news. There are already close to 200 items listed in the auction. You can view all of them right now in the Grand Auction Preview.

Pedigree is still accepting consignments for the action which will run for ten (10) days between Sunday evening, November 1st and Wednesday evening, November 11th. We will continue to accept consignments up until the auction commencement and even till the end of that week (until Friday, November 6th). Please contact Doug Schmell at (561) 422-1120 or (561) 596-9111 or email him at DougSchmell@pedigreecomics.com for any questions, comments or information about the consigning process. Remember, the higher the value of your book(s) that sell in the auction the more $$ you take home under Pedigree's Climbing Scale. Pedigree consistently sets new sales records for Silver and Bronze Age Marvels in each Grand Auction. Why settle for less by consigning with someone else?

Prospective consignors can also upload their own scans, item information, descriptions and reserve amounts for the Grand Auction by utilizing the Automated Consignment System. It is actually very easy and fun to do. Just register onto the site, click "Customer Page" under "Your Account" and then click "Consignments" (under "Auctions"). You will then be able to enter the Pedigree Comics Consignment Management System and upload your own CGC certified books and magazines. Pedigree Comics will receive an email automatically once you have uploaded the information and they will then review the information imparted for accuracy. The item(s) will then be added to the November Grand Auction to be bid on. You will be amazed how simple it is to utilize the Automated Consignment System.