• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Private Sale

11 posts in this topic

Some people have their want list in their sig line. If I have something they need, I'll PM them before posting the book in the marketplace. Or, if I have a Nedor for sale, I might PM the board members that I know collect them. People know that I'm collecting Supes and Actions these days, so they might PM me before offering it in the marketplace. They know I'll send payment quickly, and there won't be any problems.

I hear about these taking place from time to time, but not sure why private.

Guessing someone said "when you sale it keep me in mind" but also read

where some books are only offered to certain buyers.

They are private because:

1). Its no one else's damn business

2). The buyer and/or seller doesn't want to advertise to the marketplace that they are buying or selling, for one of a countless number of reasons.

3). One or both parties doesn't want the sales price to be made public, for one of a countless number of reasons.

4). One or both parties doesn't want the terms of the sale to be made public (time payments, trade and cash, etc.), for one of a countless number of reasons.

5). In some private sales, buyers are willing to pay a premium because they have exclusivity when purchasing, especially when its a quality item. However, that lack of competition is usually accompanied by a steep asking price. Win-Win for both parties.

6). When all else fails, just remember, its no one else's damn business.

They are private because:

1). Its no one else's damn business

2). The buyer and/or seller doesn't want to advertise to the marketplace that they are buying or selling, for one of a countless number of reasons.

3). One or both parties doesn't want the sales price to be made public, for one of a countless number of reasons.

4). One or both parties doesn't want the terms of the sale to be made public (time payments, trade and cash, etc.), for one of a countless number of reasons.

5). In some private sales, buyers are willing to pay a premium because they have exclusivity when purchasing, especially when its a quality item. However, that lack of competition is usually accompanied by a steep asking price. Win-Win for both parties.

6). When all else fails, just remember, its no one else's damn business.

reason #5 sums up my question, #1/#6 can be accomplished easily in online auctions or through private pm's.

Is it true that you are on the probation list and owe money and changed your name to avoid that?

Is it true that you are on the probation list and owe money and changed your name to avoid that?

ooh - snap!!

please see #1/#6 :blahblah:

Changed names a few times it seems

If there is a fraud in the community it is everyone's business.

As somebody who grew up near Cleveland and loves the Browns. The fact that you got brownie as your avatar kind of ticks me off.......considering your reputation and all. (thumbs u