• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Life, Everyone Dies, Pre-order now!

186 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone,

I'm now taking pre-orders for my first novel, "In Life, Everyone Dies". It was a project that started as a mild suggestion by a co-worker so it would spare them having to spend a lot of money on their family for christmas (write a book with people you know in it, then we can give them to our friends and family for x-mas).

Well, it has turned into quite a proud achievement for myself. The book is in the final stages before being sent to the printer, the cover is being done by no other than the quite talented Boozad! (The original cover was to be line art, but the timing was off).

The basis of the book, I asked co-workers, friends, boardies and anyone who i thought would be interested, if they wanted to be a character in a book. They said yes, the small detail was, they had to die in their stories.

The result is 12 stories featuring 13 real people dying in fictional stories. It was broken into the theme that the person chose.

The table of contents :

Chapter One: The Killers Among Us (Serial Killers)

J. Hoffman: Nightmares

A. Pierce : Conflicted

R. Heckard: Spider Webs

Chapter Two: It's So Criminal (Crime Noir)

K. McNeillie: Just One Of Those Days

A. Swanger: The Last Laugh

PokerKid: After-school Activities

Chapter Three: The Monster Under Your Bed (Ummm, Monsters)

S. Ramus: Labor Pain

H. Frederick: Death March

T. Kroh: Running From Fate

Chapter Four: The Dead, Rotten (Zombies!)

Shortstack comics :Happily Undead Ever After

Boozad: Booze's Bollocks Have Seen Better Days

A. Loveland & K. Stapp: Rte 322

Chapter Five:

Rooftops (A preview of my debut Zombie Novel, Life Is Vapor)

Pump It Up (a fun strange short story)

[all bold names are boardies]

The book ships 12/14/09, give or take a week, I am taking pre-orders now.

The Cover price is $9.95,but i will make it a boardie special for $7.00 each copy. Shipping will be $4.50 media mail for one book, pm me if you want a larger quantity so i can give you a bulk ship qoute. If you want one, you can post the :takeit: to reserve a first print of the book.

To those that buy a copy, thanks! This is a big deal to me and helping with this will allow additional aspiring writers realize their dream since it will help me start up the indy press publisher Deaf Mute Press.

jay...

here is a rough idea for the cover, the title was changed before i could let gav know (due to copyright issues), but here is the basic cover with only minor changes for the final cover.

It will be a 6"x9" sized book @100 pages.

88171.jpg.35bea545c8c6e3e91b156b4a822fef32.jpg

"Deaf Mute Press"

Are you stating that these books are being pressed? :o

Are Signature Series 9.9's available?

If the answer to the first question above is "No, they will not be pressed", and the answer to the second question is "Yes, SS high grade is available", then I will take one.

:roflmao:

Seriously. Sounds like the story lines are just not my taste (zombies, yuck), but I will take one to reward initiative and to be neighborly.

Congratulations!