• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes 2010 June 4-6

755 posts in this topic

I had a blast the first day! Have three sketch covers being done and I can't wait to see the results.

Also commisioned a 11x17 piece to be drawn by Greg Horn featuring Captain America and Emma Frost so really excited to see how that turns out as well.

It was hot...dern hot lol

But was a relatively easy set up process

Nice to see some familiar faces again and well was ok seeing a few others too lol

It Is 6am and I am heading out for the 7am dealer set up...lots of work still to be done

Going to be a long but hopefully "fun" day

Getting ready to head up myself.........the A/C WILL be ON today :acclaim:

Hey Rick !

CAMERA.

Phil

I am in truck in line to get into hall at 6pm (5pm now)...

Sad it is over...had fun...good people and some good sales

could've made some more sales...

:baiting::grin:

seriously did you find the PEP 34?

hm

I had the best time I ever had at a Heroes con, because I think I found the perfect formula.

Friday I just went on a PR spree talking to folks while strolling around the con

looking for my last few graded ASM's. I didn't see any of the caliber that I was looking for

but it's o.k. I planned for that.

We had an awesome afternoon and I didn't even buy one book from the con until almost closing time

at Ricks booth. The Friday night dinner couldn't have gone any more smooth. we had double the

attendees in comparison to last year and the food, drinks and conversation were excellent.

The after party at Tyler's was the highlight of the evening where we had ice cold brews and chilled Grey Goose beverages galore.

The comics in that room are what dreams are made of.

Bill asked me why I was snickering when Rick was flipping through his Batman 1.

It was because for a brief moment I didn't see a veteran of Golden Age books, I saw a guy

that loved every aspect of what he was holding all the way down the scent and the "sponginess"

quality of the paper and binding. Great stuff!

On Sat I woke up late (because of the late night) but still made it back to the con to pick up

books based on my back-up plan.

I had the idea of just just picking up childhood favorites and a new idea of trying to find

a set of different books from a DC BW ad.

and I did it...

here's the ad..

99647.jpg

and here is my set I got on Sat...

99665.jpg

The Sat night Art auction was a blast, I think they set an attendance record because it was packed...

There was a pop-art Christopher Reeve painting that I had my eye on but I lost the bid war.

I still had fun though.

Later that night I had Neil (lookwhoitis) and Dave (orangenemsis) with Anmie

drop by for beers and con wrap up.

Anyway I left way early Sun morning back to Durham and as I was driving back

I started to have Heroes withdrawals...

I can wait until next year!

:cloud9:

Heres my little wrap up...

My Fiance and I left Jackonville about 7 am got to Charlotte around noon. Parked our car and since we couldnt check in to the hotel yet went directly to the con.

One of my fav parts of this con is the moment you first see the floor from the upper level. I equate it to the moment you walk through a football stadium and the field just opens up...

DSC04133.jpg

DSC04134.jpg

this time i actually came with a list of stuff iw anted to see or buy. I mostly wanted to fill some runs of uncanny xmen i was missing and get some of the later number new mutant books i like.

I always walk around for a while scoping out the scene and seeing who i can run into...

Ran into lookwhoitis outside and nerfherder inside and talked briefly.

The one thing i did scope out was how outrageous prices on any rob liefield books were. ONe dealer had a X Force 1 at 30 buck with a big sign that read "GET IT SIGNED!" very lame...

took a couple of pics from around the floor as well..

DSC04139.jpg

DSC04140.jpg

DSC04158.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

Went and checked into the hotel, 22nd floor with a great city view on two walls.

DSC04145.jpg

DSC04144.jpg

Went back to the con after lunch at Fuel Pizza (which is delicious) and finally started buying. Found a bunch of the Xmens i was needing and picked up a copy of New Mutants 87 from Nerf.

Made our way to the art auction after a few beers in the room and hooked up with nerfherder and drank a beer. Always fun to the stuff they have up after you watched it being made during the con.

Stayed at the auction for a few and then had dinner. Later on hooked up with nerf again and lookwhoitis for some late night beers and comic chat. Saw some of wallys books he picked up and was pretty impressed. Hes got me talked in to giving Dc`s a chance.

Hit the bed after that.

Over all a realy fun time. Always glad to go to heroes con with my lady as well because she makes it that much more fun for me. I really got rejuevenated about comics after this show and talking with the people i did.

woke up today and hit the road home.....

DSC04132.jpg

I had a pretty good time, and spent a good chunk of change on books. Getting to spend time with the buds is still the highlight of any convention though.

However, it wasn't quite as fun because of the whole airplane trip...the roadtrip element last year was far more enjoyable. I think next year I'm driving, even if it adds an entire day to the event.

Well as luck would have it I missed the forum dinner. I had car troubles on the drive down. I made it to the con in time but it was bugging all Friday and causing me to not have as good as a time so I left the con a little early to work on my car. Got everything fixed but it was 9 at night by that time and I was exhausted. Saturday and Sunday were great though. I'll post a report soon. Glad you guys had a great dinner and sorry I missed meeting who was there. Maybe next year or Baltimore!

Heres my little wrap up...

My Fiance and I left Jackonville about 7 am got to Charlotte around noon. Parked our car and since we couldnt check in to the hotel yet went directly to the con.

One of my fav parts of this con is the moment you first see the floor from the upper level. I equate it to the moment you walk through a football stadium and the field just opens up...

DSC04133.jpg

DSC04134.jpg

this time i actually came with a list of stuff iw anted to see or buy. I mostly wanted to fill some runs of uncanny xmen i was missing and get some of the later number new mutant books i like.

I always walk around for a while scoping out the scene and seeing who i can run into...

Ran into lookwhoitis outside and nerfherder inside and talked briefly.

The one thing i did scope out was how outrageous prices on any rob liefield books were. ONe dealer had a X Force 1 at 30 buck with a big sign that read "GET IT SIGNED!" very lame...

took a couple of pics from around the floor as well..

DSC04139.jpg

DSC04140.jpg

DSC04158.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

Went and checked into the hotel, 22nd floor with a great city view on two walls.

DSC04145.jpg

DSC04144.jpg

Went back to the con after lunch at Fuel Pizza (which is delicious) and finally started buying. Found a bunch of the Xmens i was needing and picked up a copy of New Mutants 87 from Nerf.

Made our way to the art auction after a few beers in the room and hooked up with nerfherder and drank a beer. Always fun to the stuff they have up after you watched it being made during the con.

Stayed at the auction for a few and then had dinner. Later on hooked up with nerf again and lookwhoitis for some late night beers and comic chat. Saw some of wallys books he picked up and was pretty impressed. Hes got me talked in to giving Dc`s a chance.

Hit the bed after that.

Over all a realy fun time. Always glad to go to heroes con with my lady as well because she makes it that much more fun for me. I really got rejuevenated about comics after this show and talking with the people i did.

woke up today and hit the road home.....

DSC04132.jpg

Thats me in the striped shirt in front of Dales booth.

Does any one know if Herb Trimpe should up?

He was there for Saturday and most of Sunday. He would have been there friday, but they had a serious flight delay that kept them in a hotel overnight. They got up at 4am to catch a flight saturday morning to make it to the show. :)