• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some ADVICE PLEASE? Package "LOST" shipped to Canada..

43 posts in this topic

Please send your letter to:

Ricky Nguyen

2660 Big Hoe Rd.

Smellytown, NV 77564 U.S.A.

Now I know what billing address to use when I sign up for all these spam credit card and loan offers and mx it all out on CGC buys! While I'm at it, I think all the spam smut I get will be redirected here as well tongue.gif

2) All applicable federal and provincial taxes (no duties on used goods) are charged on either the insured amount or the amount that customs decides to allocate. I bought some junk readers for 99-cents, the seller marked it as such, and I still got whacked when a genius customs dolt decided to arbitrarily increase this to $30 USD (got my money back after I appealed and sent the EBay listing).

Aren't all comics used goods? How do they classify something like an ASM #1 9.4? It's obviously not be purchased new off the newsstand, but is worth a ton of money.

I have always wondered about sales taxes on comics, I mean it was usually paid when purchased originally and then they want to tax it again.

Ricky, the package will probably show up soon. Since you can't do anything for 30 days then sweat it out. See if they can put a trace on your package though.

I've had items held up at the border as both a seller (sending to the US) and as a buyer (receiving from the US). Chances are your boy in Brampton is going to be charged with a duty charge on his books plus an arbitrary $5CAN "administrative" fee - Customs charges us for the opportunity to look at our own mail!

Kev

Yeah, the buyer emailed me this morning with an understanding email stating that he'd wait it out as well. His previous email had some frustration tied into it but I don't blame him. I hope it's not an X-mas gift frown.gif

I had a similar experience with a Hulk 111 CGC 9.4 that I sent down to the US in September. The buyer contacted me two weeks after it went out to say that it had not arrived, and it was sent fully insured via expresspost (1-3 days!). I put a call in to Canada Post to track it down and they put a trace on it. The same day they called me back to say they couldn't find it (about two weeks later) it arrived on the buyer's doorstep.

Kev

I wanted to let Rick know and those others shipping to The Great White North (love that name! wink.gif ) the recent CGC book (GS X-Men 1) I sent to Alberta arrived safe and sound about 2 weeks after being sent.

No questions or concerns from the buyer on customs fees or nothin'! Must be a saint like me! wink.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Damn you! My package from Sully is still missing after nearly a month. However, the USPS claims that it was "delivered". Hope the bloody insurance pays out or I will have to take it out on your sorry @ss while I am passing by next week on my way to Portland! mad.gif

No more Green Lanterns from me! mad.gif And they are nice! Got off your butt and compiled a list yet? Word is that Ricky is going to collec that title next so you better hurry up! blush.gif

Yeah, I need to dump those issues after 90. I figure you are the only person who would be dumb enough (errr. astute enough) to buy those beauties. wink.gif

Translation = I need more room in my boxes for my better DC books! smile.gif

Not too much after 89. You can have them all, as I know that you would enjoy them more than I would! The cost = I'll give a fellow Pacific Northwest resident a good deal! We Canucks give you the best deal. You have only been screwed by your fellow Yanks! shocked.gif