• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mini comic books

26 posts in this topic

I don't remember where I got these, but your thread reminded me I had them. (thumbs u

All it says on the back side is "Bubble Funnies".

Anyway, I thought I would post them for you guys.

X-Men.jpg

Here are the Archie versions :)

I have a few of those as well.

Pretty tuff to collect and pretty much impossible to read. You even open them up and they fall apart it seems.

I know. The only one I dare to open and read is my Captain America since it is already broken up in pieces. I can always "restore" it with some glue but I don't have all the pages....I can always not "disclose" it to the next owner :roflmao:

The Marvel ones were printed in 1966. They are listed in Overstreet in the promotional section under Marvel Mini-Books. They note that each issue came in six different colors.

They were printed in 1966, or at least have 1966 copyrights on either them or the card that went in front of the gumball machines. I'm pretty sure my recollection is correct on this, and that they were available well into the early 1970's.