• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with an Ebay buyer - advice

107 posts in this topic

I know that I can't have people send me Fed Ex ground packages that require a signature. You have no control over what time of day they come. If it is at a time when you are away you will have to travel to the Fed Ex ground facility to pick it up. For me that's a 30 mile trek.

------------

Ditto for me. I don't want FedEx to my house ever. If they don't catch me when I'm home (which is never), it's a 30+ minute drive to the FedEx facility and it is in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the city, literally, right in the middle of a bunch of projects. Either that or they sometimes leave the package on my front steps. THIS IS IN BROOKLYN!!! I don't leave a potted plant on my front steps, someone will probably steal it.

Why not just print out the USPS lable via paypal and drop the package in a mailbox? That's what I always do. You don't have to go to a post office unless insurance is above a certain large amount.

Unless we're talking about a really expensive book, his statement about rejecting an envelope/bubble mailer is bizarre. What if you frigging pack the comic in between layers of masonite boards and put them in an envelope? That is more protective than some box.

Hi, on one of my recent auctions the winner refuses to accept packages the way I clearly state in my shipping details that I send them which is via FedEx. He says if I send it to him like that he'll refuse it and will only accept USPS Priority shipping with insurance. I explained to him that I ship via FedEx because it's convenient for me to do so through my job plus we'll get a tracking number and it's insured and that shipping via the USPS will be a hassle as I'll have to make a special trip to the post office. I've already told him ( since he hasn't paid yet ) that I would rather just offer it to the next highest bidder. Do I have any recourse with Ebay to deal with someone like this? Or will I just have to eat the inevitible negative feedback, which will be my first.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ship the book USPS. It takes, literally, 45 seconds to print a label.

FedEX is a pain in the . He's the customer. YOUR convenience is not relevant.

Hi, on one of my recent auctions the winner refuses to accept packages the way I clearly state in my shipping details that I send them which is via FedEx. He says if I send it to him like that he'll refuse it and will only accept USPS Priority shipping with insurance. I explained to him that I ship via FedEx because it's convenient for me to do so through my job plus we'll get a tracking number and it's insured and that shipping via the USPS will be a hassle as I'll have to make a special trip to the post office. I've already told him ( since he hasn't paid yet ) that I would rather just offer it to the next highest bidder. Do I have any recourse with Ebay to deal with someone like this? Or will I just have to eat the inevitible negative feedback, which will be my first.

:golfclap:

So, if I go to a steakhouse should I then complain to the waiter that they don't serve tacos? This line of thinking makes no sense to me. If he had just politely inquired to me before bidding I probably would have been aggreable to some kind of compromise. The fact that he was a chode to me via email does not make me want to nod and smile and say "the customer is always right". Looking at this guys feedback history it appears I am not the only person he has been this way with. I haven't received a response from him for my last email but I'm inclined to file a no pay claim with Ebay and let the cards fall where they may.

My only other question is: If I file a no pay claim can I still offer the book to the next highest bidder?

My only other question is: If I file a no pay claim can I still offer the book to the next highest bidder?

Yes. After the relevant time has expired and the transaction resolved either way.

My 2 cents, stick to your guns. I have been buying on ebay for years and consider myself a good ebayer. I just do not bid if the seller lists a shipping method that I don't like...Since I am from Canada, I like to get packages from the States via USPS due to the Customs fees. So if a seller won't ship that way, I just don't bid, simple as that. You shouldn't be held hostage by some person_too_unaware_of_social_graces who wants to strong arm you because he thinks a neg will influence you. As far as customer service goes, I think you have made it clear what your terms were.....again, just my thoughts.

My 2 cents, stick to your guns. I have been buying on ebay for years and consider myself a good ebayer. I just do not bid if the seller lists a shipping method that I don't like...Since I am from Canada, I like to get packages from the States via USPS due to the Customs fees. So if a seller won't ship that way, I just don't bid, simple as that. You shouldn't be held hostage by some person_too_unaware_of_social_graces who wants to strong arm you because he thinks a neg will influence you. As far as customer service goes, I think you have made it clear what your terms were.....again, just my thoughts.

I agree and thanks for that. I would have no problem changing the rules of the game, all I ask for is a little common courtesy.

Personally, I would tell him that the auction clearly states how you ship. He either accepts that or he doesn't. If the buyer doesn't accept the terms of the listing, how can ebay fault you? If he negs you, it will be some hassle, but you ought to be able to get the feedback removed.

Not a chance. Sellers write all kinds of things in their listings (my favorite is "NO RETURNS ACCEPTED"), and if they get negged because of it, ebay couldn't care less.

Like FT says - print the USPS postage online, have the package picked up from your house (which is free), and be done with it.

That's irrelevant, Donut! The listing said FedEx only. That is not against eBay policy.

I agree.Send it USPS.Maybe the buyer has had a bad experience with FedEx and feels more comfortable with USPS.

I agree with this point of view. I'm also a good ebayer, and I won't bid on something that has something in the listing that makes me uncomfortable. I just move on and end up getting what I want eventually. This guy has control issues, you were clear and he refused to acknowledge your conditions. Period.

Dan

Is there any price difference between FedEx and USPS? Just wondering if that's his angle.

I don't know if that's his angle, but there is a price difference, but it's not that great of one which is what I don't understand. In his initial response to my invoice he also stated that any package shipped in an envelope or bubble mailer will be returned to the sender unopened and that he only accepts it the way he wants it.

Personally, I refuse to accept UPS shipment.

I hate dealing with them, they are inconvenient for me to get to and they charge a BS brokerage fee that is probably illegal.

Maybe the guy has a legit reason...like he's not home during the day and has to drive to the next town to pick his stuff up.

That can be a real hassle.

Even if you had it in your listing, some people are unreasonable.

In this case it might take a little bending over on your part, not because you did anything wrong, but since the guy is a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point you just want to get rid of him as peacefully as possible.

As stated earlier, welcome to customer service.