• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with an Ebay buyer - advice

107 posts in this topic

What's his ebay ID?

His Ebay ID is playajay. I should already state that I've responded to his email asking why he would bid knowing how I ship. I've also told him that I don't plan to knuckle under to him and would be happy to ship it to him the way I clearly state it on my auction page. Aside from the negative feedback which I'm prepared to swallow, would Ebay possibly take any action against my account?

Also, to address what the Count said, I probably wouldn't be so stubborn about this if he had just politely emailed me before he bid asking if I would make an exception, instead of dictating his terms to me in an obnoxious manner.

If the auction states specifically that you only ship via FedEx, and no other way, then I don't see where the buyer has any choice, in this case.

Out this doosh, willya? I want to know who to put on my blocked bidder list.

-slym

I wouldn't worry about any recourse from Ebay. You could also try one trick I've used before.

I stood my ground and refused to submit to their demands. I clearly stated my intentions and after a week I filed a nonpaying bidder. The discussion continued for a week and then I filed to no longer continue discussions. They were unable to leave a neg.

It's only worked twice but worth a shot.

If the auction states specifically that you only ship via FedEx, and no other way, then I don't see where the buyer has any choice, in this case.

Out this doosh, willya? I want to know who to put on my blocked bidder list.

-slym

His Ebay ID is playajay

I guess I'm the exception as I'm awesome with the people :) I don't know how you can see ego in my responses when I expect people to follow the rules as they're clearly laid out. I would not buy something from someone and then dictate terms to them and expect them to just cow tow to my demands, that's just ridiculous.

Then again I always say yes sir and no sir and please and thank you. Maybe I just expect too much?

Hi, on one of my recent auctions the winner refuses to accept packages the way I clearly state in my shipping details that I send them which is via FedEx. He says if I send it to him like that he'll refuse it and will only accept USPS Priority shipping with insurance. I explained to him that I ship via FedEx because it's convenient for me to do so through my job plus we'll get a tracking number and it's insured and that shipping via the USPS will be a hassle as I'll have to make a special trip to the post office. I've already told him ( since he hasn't paid yet ) that I would rather just offer it to the next highest bidder. Do I have any recourse with Ebay to deal with someone like this? Or will I just have to eat the inevitible negative feedback, which will be my first.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is he outside of the USA?

He's based in the USA

My only thought is he may have bought from outside USA buyers who used FedEx and he paid a huge brokers fee and he is afraid it might happen again.

I avoid UPS and Fedex as I've paid broker fees and high duty and much prefer USPS. The buyer should have e-mailed you and asked if you would ship via USPS before buying but he didn't. You risk a neg. or poor shipping feedback if you don't cooperate.

I'd take the ship USPS then block him route. Your reputation stays sparkling and he won't bother you again.

I recently paid return shipping on a package when my listings clearly state I don't do that. It cost me $15 to ship a slab out and get a broken one back. Life sometimes kicks you in the 'nads, just grin and bear it and block him (thumbs u

I guess I'm the exception as I'm awesome with the people :) I don't know how you can see ego in my responses when I expect people to follow the rules as they're clearly laid out. I would not buy something from someone and then dictate terms to them and expect them to just cow tow to my demands, that's just ridiculous.

Then again I always say yes sir and no sir and please and thank you. Maybe I just expect too much?

Personally, I would tell him that the auction clearly states how you ship. He either accepts that or he doesn't. If the buyer doesn't accept the terms of the listing, how can ebay fault you? If he negs you, it will be some hassle, but you ought to be able to get the feedback removed.

If he opts not to pay, file the non paying bidder business. Give his arze a strike. Take the neg and work with ebay to get it removed.

I've done the whole customer service thing and I grasp its concept. But let me quote a line from Clerks: "You know that saying, the customer is always right....well, the customer is always an a-$-$-hole.") Especially this guy. I wouldn't bend at all for him. I'd stand my ground on the basic principle of the whole thing.

If you chose to send it to him some other way, i'd make sure it has delivery confirmation or signature confirmation or something, and make him pay for it.

Even though I have 100% feedback. If somebody negged me I wouldn't lose a second of sleep over it. Ebay suxs. It's getting worse all the time and the dern thing should just die already.

It is possible that the buyer has had a problem getting packages from Fed Ex in the past.

I know that I can't have people send me Fed Ex ground packages that require a signature. You have no control over what time of day they come. If it is at a time when you are away you will have to travel to the Fed Ex ground facility to pick it up. For me that's a 30 mile trek.

If your buyer works during the day and can't get packages at work, this might be why he needs to have it USPS priority instead.

Several buyers want USPS priority insured for this reason. If they miss the mail man they have to travel a shorter distance to pick up their package from the post office than they do to a Fed Ex facility.

If this is the case with your buyer he should have explained it to you. I just thought I should mention this as a possibility.

Best,

Chris

maybe his paypal address is a PO BOX which i hate dealing with to start with.. no-one lives in a p.o box and paypal allows them to be a VERIFIED address... ive seen in some instances that fed ex/ups will not deliver to p.o boxes.. i believe its a regional thing and up to the fed ex/ups area of the country.. maybe thats his angle?

lol

He puts such thought and effort into leaving just the perfectly tailored feedback for people.

playajay's feedback left for others.

Nice creative use of the +++++++++++ . Pack it securely and

ship it USPS like he wants. Seems to be exhibiting a habit of buying

lowball slabs. Feed him. Make dude happy then email him with more

goodies that are available. Make the guy a repeat and profitable buyer.

Look on this as one of life's challenges. He's spending money with someone.

Hi, on one of my recent auctions the winner refuses to accept packages the way I clearly state in my shipping details that I send them which is via FedEx. He says if I send it to him like that he'll refuse it and will only accept USPS Priority shipping with insurance. I explained to him that I ship via FedEx because it's convenient for me to do so through my job plus we'll get a tracking number and it's insured and that shipping via the USPS will be a hassle as I'll have to make a special trip to the post office. I've already told him ( since he hasn't paid yet ) that I would rather just offer it to the next highest bidder. Do I have any recourse with Ebay to deal with someone like this? Or will I just have to eat the inevitible negative feedback, which will be my first.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

First, contact eBay. Ask them if you have any recourse about a buyer who refuses to abide by the auction requirements.

Second, file the NPB after a week. Let eBay sort out the case - just make it clear in the case statements that the buyer isn't paying because he refuses the S+H terms clearly stated in the auction.

OR, simply send the book FedEx. Keep your documentation. If the buyer refuses the package, keep the FedEx documentation that states that he refused the package. If you are negged, turn those documents over to eBay.

I agree, the contract goes both ways. If he won a listing where the only shipping option is FedEx, he should take the package FedEx. If he needed different, he should have contacted you before bidding.

I would file a Non-paying bidder dispute and say that "both parties mutually agree not to complete the sale". Tell him that since you are unable to come to terms with the shipping, the best option is to undo the sale and get your fees back.

Your auction clearly stated your method of shipping. The seller should of sent you a polite message about his preferred shipping method. Then you may or may not of been able to come to a acceptable conclusion for both parties. I would take the neg. and stick to your auction description. Then I would talk with Ebay about getting the neg. removed.

It isn't your fault that the guy cant read. Stick to your guns on this.