• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 112 Cover recreation

22 posts in this topic

I've been inspired by a lot of the art I've seen, so I decided to try my hand at a cover recreation.

So here's my FF 112 that penciled last night. I will try to ink it over the weekend and hope it turns out OK.

Opinions welcome.

Ilana440.jpg[/img]

LOVE it! That's also my favorite cover of all time. Hulk/Thing is my favorite all-time hero/hero match-up. I've got two "Hulk vs. Thing" sketches from professional comic artists (one of whom is Bob Layton).

Looks pretty good! If you don't mind my asking, what tools are you using for inking?

I used a Windsor Newton series 7 #2 brush for the great majority of it and some marker pens, Zig Milleniums and Sakura Microns for the lettering and the borders.

I used two different inks, Speedball Super Black and Higgins Black Magic. You can see the difference in the Hulks hair where the lighter, grayish black is the Black Magic. This wasn't intentional. The Speedball is much darker but it seems to dry up the brush fast, while the Higgins is lighter but flows a little more freely. I feel like I fought with the materials a little bit and still haven't seetled on a preference.

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

that looks really amazing! So *jealous* of all you talented bastards around here... nice job!

From a critical standpoint, I really only think that the lettering needs a little work; most notable on the "nuff said" at the bottom.

but... yeah... this looks just great :)