• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay question: As a Seller, Do you leave . . .

eBay question: As a Seller, Do you leave (negative) "positive" feedback for non-payers???  

114 members have voted

1. 1. eBay question: As a Seller, Do you leave (negative) "positive" feedback for non-payers???

13 posts in this topic

It's actually against eBay policy to do that, and if the buyer reports it eBay will remove the feedback comment and send you a nasty-gram. It will still count as positive feedback for the deadbeat though, only it says, "Comment removed by eBay".

So I just mail the deadbeat one of my cat's puked-up hairballs instead.

(negative) "positive" feedback

frowned on by ebay

Feedback Abuse

Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Feedback rating and/or comment removal

It's actually against eBay policy to do that, and if the buyer reports it eBay will remove the feedback comment and send you a nasty-gram. It will still count as positive feedback for the deadbeat though, only it says, "Comment removed by eBay".

(thumbs u

Oh, so THAT'S what this thing is...

I thought it was a loofah....

Funny this topic came up as I was actually thinking about doing this for the first time with a recent buyer. I'm glad now I didn't do it seeing some of the actions that Ebay takes against that sort of thing.

(negative) "positive" feedback

frowned on by ebay

Feedback Abuse

Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Feedback rating and/or comment removal

Thanks - now I remember why I don't do it . . . kind of a pisser though, as the deadbeat gets a free ride.

I like it! But are you sure that shipping "puked-up hairballs" is within Postal regulations . . . lol