• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for all you Thor fans.

10 posts in this topic

When is a good Bronze Age cut off point for reading?

I am in the process of putting together a full Thor reading run from JIM 83 up until some point in the Bronze Age. 15cent covers are a must read and somewhere in the 20centers I'll probably end it. I was just wondering where as I've never was a Thor reader and am totally unaware of the story arcs. I didn't want to miss something major like you would if you cut off ASM at 120. *gasp*

I was thinking 200 because that's a nice round number, but if the story arc up to 205 or 210 was great I wouldn't want to miss it. Or maybe before 200? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thoughts?

Don't miss 208 (think that's right). The ultra-lame bad guy goes on a rampage while Don Blake goes to the library to work out how to defeat him. The worst comic I ever read !

You could cut Thor off just about #200, if memory serves. Seems like there was a 2-parter started in #199, but it *may* have run to #201 or #202 - involving Loki, of course.

I agree that there are some cool stories a bit after #200, as Hercules, Galactus & Firelord ALL show up in the mid-220's. Some of the Egytian gods show up in the late 230's/early 240's - all pretty entertaining reads. This does jump you up into the 25-centers, but they're still relatively cheap to obtain...

Good luck!

I just picked up a huge run of Thors from the 210s to the 280s and there was little worth bragging about.The Firelord issues were cool and the Egyptian Gods saga was alright but alot was pure drek. The Viking ship in space "saga",slaves of the purple man,more garbage than good.

If you want I'll pass these books to you at my cost,which was cheap.Mostly VG+-Fines wit a few on either side.

There is quite a few good stories in the 220's featuring Galactus, Hercules and the first appearance of Firelord. I would say 230 would be a good cut off point, but then even the later ones are not that bad including the Walt Sim run from 337!

I've never read any BA Thor, but I still say you must go to 200. You wouldn't want to miss #182! One of the best Doom covers ever!

87387731330.182.CGC.9.6MH2.GIF

Chuck wants $300+ for this book! I guess mine was a steal! smile.gif

Chris