• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And people wonder why folks get a little bit peeved...

1,324 posts in this topic

Okay. I'm retired so I can ask this question without it being turned around on me.

Do most of y'all here work night shift? Self employed? Have sugar momma's? Won the lottery? Your job is selling comic books here and elsewhere? Run home presses for a living? Are gigolos and in between gigs?

:roflmao:

So if pressing is not restoration, if it does no damage to the book, if it is ethical and above board...

Why would a woman of Susan's knowledge, experience, expertise and stellar reputation (let's face it, she's probably one of the top three restorers/conservators of comic books in the industry, if not the premier) refuse to simply press a book? hm

Susan pressed nearly the entire Recil Macon collection. They were stored in such a way that a majority had a wave to them and wouldn't lay flat. She took Greg Buls' money and pressed those suckers flat. Beautiful books BTW. I'm proud of the few that I have, pressing and all...

So if pressing is not restoration, if it does no damage to the book, if it is ethical and above board...

Why would a woman of Susan's knowledge, experience, expertise and stellar reputation (let's face it, she's probably one of the top three restorers/conservators of comic books in the industry, if not the premier) refuse to simply press a book? hm

Susan pressed nearly the entire Recil Macon collection. They were stored in such a way that a majority had a wave to them and wouldn't lay flat. She took Greg Buls' money and pressed those suckers flat. Beautiful books BTW. I'm proud of the few that I have, pressing and all...

shhhhh. Facts? We don't need no steenking facts. We'd rather have Mythology! doh!

This is a serious question and not meant as a slap towards Susan at all.... Is she still working on books? I know her website is up and running, but I hear almost no mention of her or her work except past work, and her change in stance on pressing. (shrug)

This is a serious question and not meant as a slap towards Susan at all.... Is she still working on books? I know her website is up and running, but I hear almost no mention of her or her work except past work, and her change in stance on pressing. (shrug)

Yes, she's working, but she's highly selective on what jobs she'll take on. She restored a Batman #1 for me 5 months ago, and Rick just got a book or two back from her. I think it was Wonder #1 and maybe #2.

Yes, she's working, but she's highly selective on what jobs she'll take on. She restored a Batman #1 for me 5 months ago, and Rick just got a book or two back from her. I think it was Wonder #1 and maybe #2.

(thumbs u

Yes, she is still working on comics, although on a selective basis from what I understand. (Someone in the restoration forum recently showed a book they just got back from Susan.) Bear in mind that comic book restoration is only a portion of her business. She restores other types of epherema and also is involved in her photography business.

the Batman # 1...what grade was it and what did it come back as....and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? im interested in Restoration is all....

the Batman # 1...what grade was it and what did it come back as....and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? im interested in Restoration is all....

PM sent.

PM sent.

recieved, returned, thank you.

shhhhh. Facts? We don't need no steenking facts. We'd rather have Mythology! doh!

What I said was not mythology. Susan also pressed the Mass. books, I think I'm correct in saying?

However, she still considered it resto and has since altered her stance on undertaking a straight-forward press job, a reaction to how the market was shaping up.

As much as you might like to undermine what I said, it ain't happening, but it wouldn't be a pressing thread without Abbott & Costello attempting to muddy the waters with red herrings and snide comments. (thumbs u

What I said was not mythology. Susan also pressed the Mass. books, I think I'm correct in saying?

However, she still considered it resto and has since altered her stance on undertaking a straight-forward press job, a reaction to how the market was shaping up.

As much as you might like to undermine what I said, it ain't happening, but it wouldn't be a pressing thread without Abbott & Costello attempting to muddy the waters with red herrings and snide comments. (thumbs u

I don't think it was a red herring at all. Its a complex issue, and people have changed their minds about it in both directions after gathering more facts. I know I was initially appalled by all the news about pressing and resubbing...then I learned of the true Power of the Dark Side and let it seduce me. :devil:

In case people dont remember what this thread was started about, it was because pro-pressers and pressers were called dirtbags.

Now, continue on with your regularly scheduled henny-clucking

We cleared that up in the first couple pages... :grin:

Jim