• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roy is a CNN star!!!!!

105 posts in this topic

This video was on the CNN front page this am....

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/11/03/dnt.valuable.comics.ktvi

Sweet.....

2 words for Roy.. CON.....DITIONER

Saw Watson and Ritter in the shots of the bidding...who else was on TV?

There were a few board members in those shots but they can identify themselves if they want to.

:grin:

Yeah, the hair was not great. Someone called my roon at 4:30 that morning and then again at 7 am so it was not a great nite for me.

They asked a lot of questions but clipped most of it.

You did great, and you came off as relatively normal for someone that was the high bidder on a $100k+ comic book. (thumbs u

I can't believe this video is on CNN. How embarrassing. I didn't mind the local news thing so much but my goodness. Geez had I known we were going to be interviewed etc I would have made an effort to fix my hair and put on a little camera friendly make up. Neither one of us wear much make-up or worry about getting all dolled up unless we have some sort of event. Gosh this is so embarrassing.

To whomever asked: The man's voice on the video is John Auble, he's been on the local news for forever. He's very nice man.

Saw Watson and Ritter in the shots of the bidding...who else was on TV?

:hi:

I'm at :12 in the black jacket in the back next to Jim.

I always envisioned you looking like the person with the white hair.

nvb6g6.jpg

I can't believe this video is on CNN. How embarrassing. I didn't mind the local news thing so much but my goodness. Geez had I known we were going to be interviewed etc I would have made an effort to fix my hair and put on a little camera friendly make up. Neither one of us wear much make-up or worry about getting all dolled up unless we have some sort of event. Gosh this is so embarrassing.

You looked good, that's why they kept your footage. (thumbs u

To whomever asked: The man's voice on the video is John Auble, he's been on the local news for forever. He's very nice man.

I think a female comic collector being interviewed on CNN is fantastic. (thumbs u

Hey fantastic four, I'll have you know my gf the comic book collector is gorgeous especially when she's all dolled up. Looks like a VS model. I won't say who but for several years she dated someone pretty nationally famous from this town.

I have to admit neither of us looks so great and both of us are incredibly embarrassed this in CNN. We were there to see the comic books and nothing more.

Cheers!

Roy why were you sitting at the back of the room?

My laptop battery was pooched and so I needed an outlet close by. That was the only one I could see in clear view.

(shrug)

Roy why were you sitting at the back of the room?

My laptop battery was pooched and so I needed an outlet close by. That was the only one I could see in clear view.

(shrug)

admit it you were always the kid that sat at the back of the classroom...

:baiting:

awesome pick-up!

(worship)

This article was done locally and has some of the facts incorrectly recorded but it was a

fun read. Hope you enjoy it.

Just to clarify, I didn't buy anything for myself.

There's 8 images in this article

The article

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/CDB4516FA632542E86257662000AC7B5?OpenDocument

The images

http://stltoday.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=26515011&event=878834&CategoryID=38578

Thanks for saying that but honestly we both just sort went "as is." She showed at my house with wet hair. I rolled out of bed that morning ran a comb through my hair. Thankfully I decided to clean up a little more than I was going to. I thought we would be at the auction for only an hour or two and was planning on a jog after returning. Glad I didn't show up in a pony tail, ball cap and track suit :blush:

I called my friend and she's mortified about all of this.

I just my stupid ex boyfriend doesn't see it and start pestering me. :eyeroll:

Hey fantastic four, I'll have you know my gf the comic book collector is gorgeous especially when she's all dolled up. Looks like a VS model. I won't say who but for several years she dated someone pretty nationally famous from this town.

I have to admit neither of us looks so great and both of us are incredibly embarrassed this in CNN. We were there to see the comic books and nothing more.

OK, OK, sorry for calling you "moderately attractive" then. Looking more closely, past the bummy clothes, hastily-applied makeup, and camera-added 10 pounds that were all obvious results of the fact that you figured you'd just be showing up in the room full of dorks that you did indeed end up in, I can tell you're both as hot as sin! :baiting::devil:

No, really, just trying to get your goat--you both look great in the video. Maybe not airbrushed, dressed to the hilt and ready-for-the-cover-of-GQ great, but great nonetheless. (thumbs u

I just my stupid ex boyfriend doesn't see it and start pestering me. :eyeroll:

Prepare yourself for the PM bombing from sex deprived comic fanboys.

It's like walking into a kennel of male dogs that find your legs attractive.