• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any news on who the next Batman,Spider-man movie villans will be?

93 posts in this topic

I googled and surprisingly came up with nothing on who will be the villians for Spider-man 4 and the next Batman movie. anybody got any news?

so, are you trying to figure out which villain key books to buy now and flip

3 months prior to the release date.

:grin::devil:

The strength of Batman, as a character, is rooted in the strength of his villains.

couldn't disagree more. Batman's character is the driving force of his allure to me. The anger and resentment for what crime did to his life and what it makes him do in retaliation. Possibly the greatest origin in comics.

yeah!

Batman is nothing but another spoiled rich kid if it wasn't for that very first villain! The anger and resentment thing is cool, I agree, but without the villains as foils and, more importantly, catalysts for what Batman does, he's got very little left. Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker made The Dark Knight... the only thing for which anticipation is built during the film (for me) is seeing Ledger on screen again. At best, it was a mediocre movie with one bright spot... and that's why it's soooo important to get a great villain for the next film. (or change directors! :))

Christian Slater's one of my guilty pleasures (hell yes for another Robin Hood tie-in!), but I just can't imagine him really pouring into a role as Heath did in a way that is necessary to pull up the plodding feel and otherwise sub-par acting of the Batman movies. You've got to have someone that just oozes charisma in a role; Depp could totally do it.

But I think they should make a conscience effort to focus more on the villain, whoever it might be, than on Batman/Bruce Wayne. What drives someone to be a crazy crazy crazy and hatch nutso schemes would be much more entertaining that rich-guy-who-can't-deal-with-life-so-he-uses-all-his-money-to-escape-into-making-things-better-by-punching-them-and-then-broods-and-whines-about-it-all.

I didn't like Begins at all either, but I was excited for TDK just b/c of The Joker.

It sucks that I ended up hating TDK too, but if they pull and cast the right villain, I'll probably end up being stoked for the next film as well.

Depp as Riddler is still the best thing I've heard so far. :)

Guess we will never agree on Batman. I loved Batman Begins. :)

The strength of Batman, as a character, is rooted in the strength of his villains.

couldn't disagree more. Batman's character is the driving force of his allure to me. The anger and resentment for what crime did to his life and what it makes him do in retaliation. Possibly the greatest origin in comics.

yeah!

Batman is nothing but another spoiled rich kid if it wasn't for that very first villain! The anger and resentment thing is cool, I agree, but without the villains as foils and, more importantly, catalysts for what Batman does, he's got very little left. Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker made The Dark Knight... the only thing for which anticipation is built during the film (for me) is seeing Ledger on screen again. At best, it was a mediocre movie with one bright spot... and that's why it's soooo important to get a great villain for the next film. (or change directors! :))

Christian Slater's one of my guilty pleasures (hell yes for another Robin Hood tie-in!), but I just can't imagine him really pouring into a role as Heath did in a way that is necessary to pull up the plodding feel and otherwise sub-par acting of the Batman movies. You've got to have someone that just oozes charisma in a role; Depp could totally do it.

But I think they should make a conscience effort to focus more on the villain, whoever it might be, than on Batman/Bruce Wayne. What drives someone to be a crazy crazy crazy and hatch nutso schemes would be much more entertaining that rich-guy-who-can't-deal-with-life-so-he-uses-all-his-money-to-escape-into-making-things-better-by-punching-them-and-then-broods-and-whines-about-it-all.

I didn't like Begins at all either, but I was excited for TDK just b/c of The Joker.

It sucks that I ended up hating TDK too, but if they pull and cast the right villain, I'll probably end up being stoked for the next film as well.

Depp as Riddler is still the best thing I've heard so far. :)

You are aware the franchise is called "Batman", right? Of course they're going to focus on Bruce Wayne. I would like to see more focus on the villains, and I must say almost everyone who saw TDK would agree that there should have had more of a focus on the Joker, but there wasn't. I'm fairly certain had Ledger stayed alive there would have been more Joker back ground in the next movie (since it was set up that way), but he's dead, so Joker is most likely not coming back if Nolan remains the director.

(I'm really hoping there isn's a third Batman movie because it may fall into the "third movie sucks" category.)

Begins just gets better and better on rewatching.

While Batman has an amazing rogue's gallery, the character is terrific without them. Look at all the O'Neill/Adams issues. Until the end they weren't using the classic villains at all. No appearances in all the Detective issues and then Two-Face and Joker once each, late.

As long as they include the Spider-Mobile I don't care which villain they bring in. Although I think a small battle at the beginning where he nabs someone like Shocker or Rhino wouldn't be a bad opening.

I like this idea a lot!

Guess we will never agree on Batman. I loved Batman Begins. :)

I can dig me some Batman, don't get me wrong! I just thought these movies failed, and I'd like to see one that I really enjoyed :)

You are aware the franchise is called "Batman", right? Of course they're going to focus on Bruce Wayne. I would like to see more focus on the villains, and I must say almost everyone who saw TDK would agree that there should have had more of a focus on the Joker, but there wasn't. I'm fairly certain had Ledger stayed alive there would have been more Joker back ground in the next movie (since it was set up that way), but he's dead, so Joker is most likely not coming back if Nolan remains the director.

(I'm really hoping there isn's a third Batman movie because it may fall into the "third movie sucks" category.)

And yep, but I almost think they should not call it Batman... I think it would be far far more interesting to see a Joker movie where Batman is the secondary character. Bats can still be the protagonist, but I think he works better in the shadows... both physically and in the storyline... seems like this would also help give the franchise more life... there's only so much exploration of the character you can do when the same character is the main focus time and again...

The loss of Heath totally totally sucks. Obviously. Especially if what you said is true (as most agree) and we would have gotten a more Joker-centric movie next time. I don't think anyone would be able to step up and reprise the role... Maybe we could go back to Jack and do a "40 years later" story or something. They could beat each other up with their walkers :)

sure can do. after burton left the helm the franchise kinda drifted towards the iceberg. even adam west did a better job with the character in his only movie appearance. far as i know Nolan and Bale are of english descent; i could even throw in Ledger. even though i started to lose interest in the movie after the precinct explosion, i was still enjoying it. i also found the Joker portrayal by ledger to be the closest to the Englehart Joker. still my personal fave. even gary oldman is from across the pond. some times the best movies don't have the hollywood stamp on it. 2c

sure can do. after burton left the helm the franchise kinda drifted towards the iceberg. even adam west did a better job with the character in his only movie appearance. far as i know Nolan and Bale are of english descent; i could even throw in Ledger. even though i started to lose interest in the movie after the precinct explosion, i was still enjoying it. i also found the Joker portrayal by ledger to be the closest to the Englehart Joker. still my personal fave. even gary oldman is from across the pond. some times the best movies don't have the hollywood stamp on it. 2c

Ledger is Austrailian, bro.

I'm not your bro guy

I'm not your bro guy

Ok gaylord.

I'm not your bro guy

Ok gaylord.

I was really expecting a "I'm not your guy, friend" so I could say "I'm not your friend, bro." but the South Park reference stops with me being called gaylord.

I'm not your bro guy

Ok gaylord.

I was really expecting a "I'm not your guy, friend" so I could say "I'm not your friend, bro." but the South Park reference stops with me being called gaylord.

Sorry I'm not Canadian. :insane:

I'm not your bro guy

Ok gaylord.

Sorry I'm not Canadian. :insane:

haha me either.

Well, I stand by my Man-Wolf plot since the films do have John Jamison and when he was the Man-Wolf in the comics, he wanted to kill the people he loved, so going after MJ would fit in beautifully, plus, I believe any other villian would follow down the same old path with some differnt tweaks.....bad guy has plan....Spidey foils plan etc. The confrontation with the Man-Wolf could be very primative and visceral boiling down to kill or be killed and protect the woman you love from certain death. I still see Bruce Campell as Kraven way before Mysterio as I think Owen Wilson would be a great Mysterio, also with his age now, Robert Enguland aka Freddy Kruger would make an excellent Vulture aka Mr. Tooms......is that cat even still alive????2c

My sweet Spidey plot is as follows:

John Jameson is the man-Wolf, but not in that weird yellow and green jumpsuit. Just a run of the mill werewolf. He terrorizes a bunch of people. Doc Conners becomes the Lizard. He terrorizes a bunch of people. They bring in Kraven from Russia to hunt them down, which he does. He is evil and tries to do bad stuff and Spidey kicks his butt right after he changes from his regular Kevlar suit into his sweet lion/tiger pantsuit.

^^

My sweet Spidey plot is as follows:

John Jameson is the man-Wolf, but not in that weird yellow and green jumpsuit. Just a run of the mill werewolf. He terrorizes a bunch of people. Doc Conners becomes the Lizard. He terrorizes a bunch of people. They bring in Kraven from Russia to hunt them down, which he does. He is evil and tries to do bad stuff and Spidey kicks his butt right after he changes from his regular Kevlar suit into his sweet lion/tiger pantsuit.

^^

Well, if it's just a run of ther mill werewolf, have Jack Russell come into town....which could spin off into the WBN movie that has been on the back burner for awhile.....have WBN attack JJ2 which would later turn him into the Man-Wolf. JJ2 needs to tie in the moonstone, but not to the extent he becomes Star Lord and knocks boots with She Hulk