• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida Supercon - June 18-20, 2010 - Miami, FL

83 posts in this topic

A few new notes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 more FSC exclusive variants to announce, this time in conjunction with Top Cow

Velocity #1 - Blank Sketch cover variant (limited to 500)

and

Velocity #1 - Kenneth Rocafort sketch cover variant (limited to 500)

I'll be getting the info on the site for these shortly, and we'll be able to take orders for them starting tomorrow

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus: Jim McCann is being added to our guest line up. Jim will be representing Marvel Comics in an official capacity to moderate Marvel approved panels and events at the show.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh yeah... Leslie Nielson has been added as our headlining media guest. That's kind of cool, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i'm still working on some more cool last minute news... expect to add still a few more comics pros in the next few days

See you in less than 2 weeks

-mike

Well I plan on heading out with a few people that went last year, One of our shops in West Palm Beach did not get any tickets so it was a disappointment there. This will be my first trip, but the other 2 were there last year and and was not impressed. Not to keen on paying to get into a place to buy stuff though.

Hopefully there iwll be good deals to blow my 2 grand I saved up, I just hope its worth it or else it will be my first and last trip to this show.

I do plan on taking pics though and give my perspective on the show when I get home, just hope I score a HG Ghost rider # 1 been looking for that book for years.

IMPORTANT HOTEL INFORMATION FOR FLORIDA SUPERCON!

The Doubletree is SOLD OUT for Friday and Saturday nights. However, I just made arrangements with the Springhill Suites across the street to give us a special deal. They have a VERY LIMITED amount of rooms left - so don't wait to book your room, as they will sell out too. The Springhill is offering a $92 a night room rate, which includes breakfast, free parking and free shuttle service to the convention. The hotel is right across the street, so you can walk to the convention, but the shuttle is there if you need it. To reserve, you have 2 options - call 305-265-0144 and tell the agent you want to make a reservation under Comic Convention Group. The Codes for a King (Single) Room is CCGA and the code for Double Bed Rooms is CCGB.

To reserve online, here are the links:

Doubles: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mialg-springhill-suites-miami-airport-south/?toDate=6%2F20%2F10&groupCode=CCGCCGB&fromDate=6%2F18%2F10&app=resvlink

Single: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mialg-springhill-suites-miami-airport-south/?toDate=6%2F20%2F10&groupCode=CCGCCGA&fromDate=6%2F18%2F10&app=resvlink

Here's the artwork for the Velocity #1 BLANK sketch cover variant and the Velocity #1 KENNETH ROCKAFORT sketch cover. Each variant is limited to 500 copies. They are $8 each or $15 for a set of both. Any copies that are left after the show will be $10 each.

They are now available for sale on the Florida Supercon website @ www.supercon.tv by going to the tickets page and will be available at the show at the Florida Supercon booth. If you buy them online they'll be ready for you at the registration desk upon check in.

If you're not coming to the show and want to get some, you can PM me, or email me at mike@floridasupercon.com - It'll be the same price, we'll just have to figure out shipping costs.

Any questions, lemme know

-mike

99973.jpg.03bbfe07c1563064054d483a9c9d3447.jpg

99974.jpg.99069d17c1d5e5f6a7b3daaba209655a.jpg

well, as my beloved Gators have made it to Omaha for the CWS, we are flying to Neb on Friday for a little Gator support... so, I will unfortunately be missing the show (only thing I love more than comics, is my family and the Gators)...

bitter sweet, as I had convinced my wife to let me fly down Friday and back Sun morn, but a Gator's gotta do what a Gator's gotta do

:sorry:

Hey everyone!

If you have a minute, stop by the Hero Initiative/Heritage booth and say "Hi" :hi:

I will be there to take consignments for HA, raise $$$ for the HI, help evaluate books for grade, restoration, and pressing up-grades.

I will also be doing two panels:

The Art of Buying and Selling Comics and Collectibles:

Steve Borock of Heritage Auction Galleries, the world’s largest collectibles auction house and Tom Gordon III of ComicsPriceGuide.com, the world’s first online comic book price guide, offer their insight and experience into the art of buying and selling collectibles. Learn what makes an item valuable, the best way to buy and sell, how to conduct yourself in business, and much more. A MUST for anyone who spends money in the comic book and collectibles market. SATURDAY 1PM-2PM

Comic Book Grading 101:

Come join Steve Borock of Heritage Auction Galleries, the world’s largest collectibles auction house and Tom Gordon III of ComicsPriceGuide.com, the world’s first online comic book price guide. Through their extensive collecting and trading experiences, become a more educated buyer or seller of comics. Learn the basics of comic book grading, why grading is important, the history of grading, tips to spot comic restoration, how to grade a comic, and the importance of third-party grading. SUNDAY 2PM-3PM

See ya all there!!!!!

Hey everyone!

If you have a minute, stop by the Hero Initiative/Heritage booth and say "Hi" :hi:

I will be there to take consignments for HA, raise $$$ for the HI, help evaluate books for grade, restoration, and pressing up-grades.

I will also be doing two panels:

The Art of Buying and Selling Comics and Collectibles:

Steve Borock of Heritage Auction Galleries, the world’s largest collectibles auction house and Tom Gordon III of ComicsPriceGuide.com, the world’s first online comic book price guide, offer their insight and experience into the art of buying and selling collectibles. Learn what makes an item valuable, the best way to buy and sell, how to conduct yourself in business, and much more. A MUST for anyone who spends money in the comic book and collectibles market. SATURDAY 1PM-2PM

Comic Book Grading 101:

Come join Steve Borock of Heritage Auction Galleries, the world’s largest collectibles auction house and Tom Gordon III of ComicsPriceGuide.com, the world’s first online comic book price guide. Through their extensive collecting and trading experiences, become a more educated buyer or seller of comics. Learn the basics of comic book grading, why grading is important, the history of grading, tips to spot comic restoration, how to grade a comic, and the importance of third-party grading. SUNDAY 2PM-3PM

See ya all there!!!!!

See you Saturday Steve. I'll be in the front row Saturday making faces.

Steve put on a great panel. Too bad it was under-attended. We needed to be dressed in plastic and have 12 foot hammers or swords to get any attendance.

I'll be there tomorrow for the grading session.

The show was really good and I am going back tomorrow for a few hours.

Steve put on a great panel. Too bad it was under-attended. We needed to be dressed in plastic and have 12 foot hammers or swords to get any attendance.

:gossip: I took a picture of Joey dressed in plastic w/ the 12 foot sword.

Thanks for coming to the panel Joe! (thumbs u