• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America WWII or Hitler Covers

12 posts in this topic

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Cap America WWII issue. I collect more of the modern stuff but every now and again I'll dip into the Silver or Golden Age for a nice book. Which issue is generally considered the most affordable? My monetary situation will only allow for me to go after a LG copy.

Thanks for the help guys.

Cap issues in the 50's are your cheapest bet. I see a ton of issue 52 so they seems to be the most common. Can probably get that one below guide if looking for under VF.

Tod

Many Schomburg covers after 47 are cheaper because they are NOT war covers. While #46 is expensive, most the issues in the 40s are probably a good comprimise between price and great cover. Beyond low grade, you might also look for copies with slight restoration - which can make a decent looking copy more affordable.

The November CLink auction (opening tomorrow - 11/6), has several lower grade Captain Americas, including several restored lower grade issues with nice war covers. Might be worth a look to see if they fit in with your interests... 2c

Cover wise, after #38 I lose interest (with the exception of #46) :)

I really like #47, it's a classic IMO! Nazi rockets lanching for NY.

West

I've always liked 47 for the fact that it was speculating on German ICBM development with the "V5".

Just checked comics.org - I had forgotten that 42-45 aren't war covers (though 43 shows a thug with a swastika armband), but 41 is a decent war cover and I would agree that 47 is a minor classic.