• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link stickers

28 posts in this topic

Well, this seems to be their practice now. Big rectangular stickers stuck on the top part of the back of the slab, says "Comic Link".

At least the Heritage ones come right off. But these ones are time consuming.

Pain, pain, pain.

Andy

I don't think the point is to have to work in any way whatsoever to get the freaking sticker off. I find it pretty obtrusive. Why not do like Pedigree...at least Doug puts it on the plastic protector bag...geeeez... :tonofbricks:

If you don't have Goo Gone, heat it up for a couple minutes with a hair dryer. It usually comes off pretty easily. Less mess too.

Which process artificially ages a book more, a dry-mount press or ComicLink hair dryer sticker removal? hm

lol lol lol lol lol lol lolhm

-slym

Take a cotton swab and apply goo gone over the sticker. Let it sit a minute. Peel the paper off and then apply it once more. Wait a minute. Wipe it off and then follow with a paper towel sprayed with glass cleaner.

WD40 will do the same thing as goo gone, but you have less control with the spray.

I would strongly recommend against goo gone,M-1remover, oops etc. While it may be very possible to clean the slabs with no damage if left on too long it will fog the slab. Seems like too much risk when much less powerful solvents will work fine. Personally i use veggie oil and a coffee filter, works like a charm.

I'm confused. I've never bought a slab from Comic Link with a sticker, nor seen a Comic Link sticker. Is it a Heritage or Metropolis sticker?
totally metropolis style