• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link stickers

28 posts in this topic

:frustrated:

I'm peeling these off my books from the August Comic Link auction and they are seriously pi ssing me off. It's like they were meant to either stay on or leave a whole bunch of :censored: residue on the back of these slabs. I can understand them wanting to advertise, but why go with this -@ss sticker?

:frustrated:

Take a cotton swab and apply goo gone over the sticker. Let it sit a minute. Peel the paper off and then apply it once more. Wait a minute. Wipe it off and then follow with a paper towel sprayed with glass cleaner.

WD40 will do the same thing as goo gone, but you have less control with the spray.

Take a cotton swab and apply goo gone over the sticker. Let it sit a minute. Peel the paper off and then apply it once more. Wait a minute. Wipe it off and then follow with a paper towel sprayed with glass cleaner.

WD40 will do the same thing as goo gone, but you have less control with the spray.

Well..........YEAH!......if you just blast the slab with it. :baiting:

If you don't have Goo Gone, heat it up for a couple minutes with a hair dryer. It usually comes off pretty easily. Less mess too.

Which process artificially ages a book more, a dry-mount press or ComicLink hair dryer sticker removal? hm

fire will get those pesky stickers off in seconds and its less work. use an accelerant such as gasoline or nail polish remover, soak the entire slab for 24 hours take into a well ventilated area then ignite. viola, your slab is now 'comiclink' sticker free.

an alternaive would be to drive or fly to New York, (those already living in New York State have an advantage over non-residents) go down to the ComicLink offces and repeatedly punch Nathanson in the head with a clench, right fist (left if left handed) screaming uncontrolably "stop defacing my slabs, stop defacing my slabs".

The second method ensure no sticker related reoccurances and when you finally get out of Ryker's, anus hanging like a wizards sleve you collection is worth that much more. By that time we will also all be making fun out of Boozad after he develops potophobia.

What if the sticker is gone but residue remains?

What if the sticker is gone but residue remains?

Then apply it once more. Wait a minute. Wipe it off and then follow with a paper towel sprayed with glass cleaner.