• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benefit Sale, Please Look to help someone! SA & MORE ADDED!!

44 posts in this topic

I am not one to usually do this sort of thing but I have helped in benefit sales by donations and such when boardies have needed it. I am not asking for anything here except for you to look and see if you would like to buy something I am offering.

A woman I know has recently had a bad stroke of luck (some might say) and I want to help her. I have known the family a long time and the woman works hard and has kids at home (one out of the house) and a grandchild at home too. She has supported her family including her husband who became disabled a couple years ago. He had no income until this year when they won their disability fight.

Now he has been getting a "check" to live on. He felt it was his money since its in his name, despite his not having contributed anything to the family in several years. He finally relented and started to help in paying some bills. They have fought and fought over his attitude and selfishness after the money has started to come in. He finally decided he was just going to move home to his parents house and continue his daily life of playing video games all day and night. This came as a surprise to her this week as he moved out and he cut all his bill paying and sharing of income.

Yes there is a whole lot more to explain but that is not why I am here. I helped her some with money already til payday but lean times are here and I can't do much more cash wise. I do however have some excess inventory sitting around that I could move to help her. I know for a fact that she will have virtually no money for Christmas and that is my aim. She can make bills and such on her money but its very tight and an illness or car repair will be detrimental. She comes by the store sometimes to let her kids look thru my used movies and pick up things out of the quarter boxes. Therefore I am not putting a jar on my counter like some do.

I am not asking for comments on the situation, and I am not asking for donations. I simply am offering some books at a good discount to raise cash to help her out. I will take the paypal payments, and convert it to a debit card or giftcard and give it to her in December to be able to have a Christmas. Christmas is not about gifts and I know that. Her family has lived meagerly and kids have received very little over the years so I am trying to raise 4-500 dollars to provide help. Yes that is a lot of help to some but not for a family of four and not with what they are going thru with the dad. Anything you buy, the total money goes to this cause!!

I have in the past offered COMIC BRICKS here for the paltry sum of $25 plus $10 shipping priority mail. These bricks are comprised of approximately 100 current books that I have extras of. It can be anything I have from batman to superman, from Amazing spidey to x-men and any indies out there. These all generally carry a cover price of 2.99 to 3.99 so as a LCS, I have quite a bit in each one. I will randomly pick from my overstock and send you these books packed tightly in a flat rate USPS priority mail box. Packing this tightly and with only a box as protection, sometimes a little damage may occur to the corners. However, you are only paying a quarter a book to get a chance at some good and varied reading material. There are no duplicates per box and if you order more than one, the price is the same but may have duplicates from box to box. They take time to make up and I usually ship in about a week from the order. Thats $35 for 100 books from the last several years. You can't really beat that at a show. I can make 5-6 of these bricks I believe right now.

I HATE to say MAKE OFFERS, but if you feel good enough to lowball the prices, go ahead and send me a PM.

More sales stuff to follow:

These TPB's pictured are all for sale at substantial discount. You pay the shipping (either media or priority in the USA) . They are extra stock I have from either stupidly ordering too much or getting them at a good sale. Most are pictured, a few are not. If you go strolling around my photobucket account and find something there you want, I will more than likely throw it in for the cause. Some pictures there are for items that have already been sold though and I just am keeping the pics. Feel free to ask though.

All these tpbs are brand new overstock and generally come sealed or bagged in plastic bag. The retail price is in Parentheses followed by the sale price.

th_IMG_2851.jpg

ETERNALS HC by neil gaiman (30) $10

Dark Tower Gunslinger born HC (25) $10

Best of Spiderman HC #3 (30) $10

Batman the Dark Knight Returns (15) $8 SOLD

Ptoulus City by the Spire (15) $7

Alias (17) $7

X-Men Phoenix Warsong (15) $7

Not shown:

ABSOLUTE Edition of the League of Extraordinary Gentleman Black Dossier (cover price is $99)-- $50 SOLD

300 by Frank Miller (30)- $15

More to add:

Sentry TPB (25)-- $12

Omega the Unknown Classic (30)--$10

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman #1 Derailed (15) $7 (have 2)

Batman Hush Pt 2 (13)--$6

Uncanny X-men #1 Hope (13)-- $6

X-men Phoenix Rising (13) -- $6

th_IMG_2852.jpg

Batman Cataclysm (20)-- $10

Origin of Generation X (25)-- $12

Strangers in Paradise 10 (13)-- $6

Hellboy 6 (18)-- $9

BPRD Black Flame 5 (18) --$9

Angel The Curse 1 (20) --$10

Alpha Flight 2 Waxing Poetic (15) --$7

th_IMG_2853.jpg

What IF classic #2 (25)--$12

What if classic #3 (25)--$12

Fables HC Vol 1 (30)--$15 [b] SOLD[/b]

New Avengers #2 (15)--$7

New Avengers #3 (15)--$7

New Avengers #6 (15)--$7

Marvel Knights Black Panther (15)--$7

th_IMG_2854.jpg

Incredible Hulk 4 Abominable (12)--$6

Incredible Hulk 6 Split Decisions (12)--$6

Spiderman Son of the Goblin (16)-- $8

Mighty Avengers 1 (15)--$7

Marvel 1602 (20) --$10

Uncanny X-men 2 Cruelest Cut (12)--$6

Uncanny X-men 5 First Foursaken (12)--$6

Marvel Zombies Army of Darkness (16) --$8

th_IMG_2855.jpg

Alan Moore's FROM HELL (35) --$18

Welcome to Hoxford (20)-- $10

All Star Superman HC 2 (20) --$10 SOLD

Punisher War Journal HC 2 (25)-- $13

The Boys 1(17)-- $8

The Stand Captain Trips (25)-- $12

th_IMG_2856.jpg

Ultimate X-men 4 (13)-- $6

Ultimate Spiderman 3 (18)--$8

Showcase Presents Superman vol 3 (17)-- $8

Showcase Presentes Superman Family 3 (17)-- $6 (some damage to cover corner)

Showcase Presents Legion Super Heroes 3 (17) --$7 (some light cover damage)

Essential Wolverine 3 (15) --$7

Essential Spiderman 4 (15) --$7

th_IMG_2857.jpg

And not pictured again:

Batman Haunted Gotham (20)--$10 SOLD

Wolverine Origins HC 2 (20)--$10

Check back on this thread as I will try to add more stuff as time allows.

Adding some more modern goodness for you variant cover lovers. We just usually put our variant covers back in a box since we don't get asked for them too often. Some may have a Variant sticker and price on it in the picture to help us keep which ones they are stragiht basically.

I sold quite a few at the Nashville show recently. So time to clear out some older boxes for a better worthy cause. All the items below are basically the lowest ratio variant unless noted and are all cover price, pictures to follow.

$5 cover books

New Exiles #0

Spider-man Family #5

Action Comics Annual #11

New Avengers #50

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #1

$4 Cover Books

Teen Titans #50

Secret Invasion Dark Reign #1

Secret Invasion #8

Wolverine #55 SOLD

Dark Tower Treachery #4 Sketch

Death of the New Gods #1

Mystery in Space #1

Countdown Arena #1

New Avengers #52

NYX No Way home #1

Cable #6

Dark Avengers #7

Dark Avengers #6

New Mutants #1

Countdown Arena #3

Kingdom Comes SPecial Magon #1

Universal War One #1

Immortal Iron Fist #27

Captain America Reborn #1

Superman #675

Detective #854

New Avengers #53

Batman battle for the Cowl #3

Dark X-men The Beginning #1

X-Men Phoenix warsong Summit sketch #1

Action Comics Annual #10

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter First Death #2

$3 Variant covers

Wonder Woman #14

Avengers Initiative #18

Green Arrow/Black Canary #3

Astonishing X-men #19

X-Force #17

Thunderbolts #130

Guardians of the Galaxy #5

Avengers Initiative #13

Nova #20

Captain Britain and MI13 #5

Invincible Iron Man #10

New Exiles #1

Inc. Hercules #115

Ultimates 3 #3

War Machine #5

New Avengers #5

Astonishing X-men #17

Nova #18

Ultimate Iron Man II #1

Avengers Invaders #1

Invincible Iron Man #12

Uncanny X-men #508 SOLD

X-men Legacy #223 Marvel Girl 70th anniv.

Cable Deadpool #46

Captain America #41

New Mutants #2

Lords of Avalon Sword of Darkness #1

Runaways #28

Anita Blake Vampire hunter Guilty Pleasures #8

Fantastic Four 561

Hulk #11

Fear Agent the Last Goodbye #1

Titans #3

Daredevil #110

Ender's Game #1