• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qualified Grade on a Golden Age Timely

6 posts in this topic

What sort of qualified grade would this Young Allies #4 get ?- or would it receive a painfully low Universal Grade if I sent it in? The flaw is a panel sized square neatly torn out of a page that doesn't effect the main story. Spotting on logo is a production defect. I'm not sure if it's worth getting slabbed.

YA4.jpg

YA4bc.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

Yeah, don't bother slabbing it. Looks like a green label 5.0 to me. Better off selling raw until 10-15 years from now when people realize that discriminating against a book due to the colour of the CGC label is retarded.

Yeah, maybe. I notice heritage has listed a lot of Qualified books over the years. Seems like if the book has a relatively minor flaw like a detached cf or cleaned staples, the Green label books seem to go for a relative bargain compared to what they might fetch raw, but if page(s) are missing, some of the qualified books do alright - compared to a raw book that would just be described as FR or Poor.

I'm thinking the vaue of a copy like this should be in the neighborhood of an unrestored 3.0-3.5 copy, but could get a Q grade of around 7.0.

Maybe I'll give it a shot on ebay raw (I did about a year ago with one unsolicited low-ball offer - that I felt wasn't enough).