• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Holds The CGC Record?

336 posts in this topic

WTF? Why all the negativity? Everything's been out in the open for a while now. Why should it matter anymore how a grade spread was accomplished?

There's the "highest census", and "registry points", but when it comes to mastering CGC grade spreads it's still better to keep it in the shadows? What's left to hide? (shrug)

Shhhhhhhhhhhh....Dav, shame on you bro' (tsk) you should know better than to ask questions, attempt to ascertain answers, and ultimately endeavor to seek truth, and circumstance! You silly boy, many of the 'cerebral drones' on this site, have no interest (well, sure they do, but its drastically in conflict with yours) :hi: in such a study.

In the end, we ALL know the shady, skittish, protocols and practices, that have gone on in this hobby FOREVER, let alone since the CGC inception.

doh!

from the title.

I thought was going to be a Who holds the cgc record for the most cgc books???

hm:insane:

That is the title of the thread.

The SUB-title is "...For Me to Poop On!!"

triumph01.jpg

WTF? Why all the negativity? Everything's been out in the open for a while now. Why should it matter anymore how a grade spread was accomplished?

There's the "highest census", and "registry points", but when it comes to mastering CGC grade spreads it's still better to keep it in the shadows? What's left to hide? (shrug)

If your wife had a nose job, would you think it was perfectly OK to share the "before" pictures with people? In reality, there's nothing whatsoever wrong with a nose job or a comic book press, but the reason some people prefer to not publicize it is because they know some people are simply against nose jobs or comic book presses, and knowing that, they'd prefer to keep it quiet so as not to draw negative opinion from them. Or they'd just rather focus on the improved "after" appearance; I'm sure Jennifer Grey from "Dirty Dancing" gets sick of people telling her how different she looks now as compared to her most famous role (before and after pics below).

But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, so your disingenuousness is a bit irritating. :eyeroll:

jennifer+nose.jpg

They were grade a year apart from one another. I got a legal size scanner in the meantime.

If you don`t mind me asking, how much profit did you make off the resubmited Thor 337?

One Meeelion Dollars.

DrEvil_orig.jpg

They were grade a year apart from one another. I got a legal size scanner in the meantime.

If you don`t mind me asking, how much profit did you make off the resubmitted Thor 337?

Ask him his size too.

That would be PM suited. :rulez:

If you don`t mind me asking, how much profit did you make off the resubmitted Thor 337?

Ask him his size too.

13 1/2"

;)

I just wanted to see how much a hoarded copper key could turn for a profit after being pressed.I take the answer is he made $$$$. :)

Ask him his size too.

13 1/2"

;)

I just wanted to see how much a hoarded copper key could turn for a profit after being pressed.I take the answer is he made $$$$. :)

The GPA for this book is out there. I'm not going to tell you what I had in this book.

Ask him his size too.

13 1/2"

;)

The GPA for this book is out there. I'm not going to tell you what I had in this book.

no problem,I understand.

I covered 3 grades with one book, just not how you think.

Raw Batman 232 submitted to PGX (CGG at the time)... 9.0

Book looked under graded so off it went to CGC... 9.2 (notes, 9.2, 9.2, 9.0)

Had it pressed and sent back to CGC... 8.5 (9.0, 8.5, 8.5) doh!

It now lives in a mylar in my cabinet.

Maybe it's some "don't need the competition" thing. :gossip: Any other thread and they'd consider it free advertising for the premier services out there. Be bragging about a flood of new work pouring in. :blahblah: Then it's taboo again. :eyeroll:

Classy, Kevin. Very classy indeed.

What's classy is dragging out the 'ol "hidden agenda" scarlet letter right out of the gate.

Look, you can swing right over to the "Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues" forum and view works-in-progress examples or read about how improved and amazing new techniques are becoming. It's not a secret. :gossip:

There's been a gazillion pressing threads that go nowhere. Pressing is for amatures. I'm interested in seeing what MASTER craftsmen can pull off. That's the agenda, and it's not hidden.

I admit I am confused Kev, in your initial post you ask about peoples resub success, post an ASM 8.5/9.0/9.2 example. Then go on to say this isn't about pressing? ???

I guess what I am asking is, what exactly do you want people to post examples of? Books that were worked on 8 ways to Sunday but still landed a blue label? Or books that were cracked, restored and what grade jumps were achieved through Extensive restoration?

(and yes Chris, here is where you tell me pressing is restoration. :preach: )