• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Call of Duty 2 Modern Warfare in less than 24 hours

47 posts in this topic

I will actually be buying this one at release. Luckily I just have to grab one from the back room...

I wonder if I can get one today??

A small shop by me was selling them, @fourzerotwo, who works for infinity ward says its a violation of the sale terms for the store to sell them early, but that the players wont be penalized. my friend actually got a call sunday from gamestop to come in and pick his pre order up. I think they released some early on purpose so the servers wont crash. It seems a lot of the players online are NY /east coast

"Call of Duty 2" came out years ago.

This is a sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Last year they went back to a WW II setting and called it "World at War", and instead of continuing on and calling it Call of Duty 5, they decided to call "Modern Warfare 2" instead. So technically, this is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2. :screwy:

Anyway, don't care about this too much. I don't have the time to be competitive online, and I can't get excited about a 4-5 hour single player campaign for $60, even if it is great.

Expect to see some controversy in the media surrounding this game because of the Terrorist Airport mission.

"Call of Duty 2" came out years ago.

This is a sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Last year they went back to a WW II setting and called it "World at War", and instead of continuing on and calling it Call of Duty 5, they decided to call "Modern Warfare 2" instead. So technically, this is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2. :screwy:

Anyway, don't care about this too much. I don't have the time to be competitive online, and I can't get excited about a 4-5 hour single player campaign for $60, even if it is great.

Expect to see some controversy in the media surrounding this game because of the Terrorist Airport mission.

My friend was telling me the first 10 / 15 min takes mature content to another level.. wonder if this is what he meant.