• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The official Hijack thread

64 posts in this topic

Freiherr, I was only agreeing with you. I couldn't care less, as long as fun ensues. Not every thread has to be educational or have rules, and I didn't mean to come across as serious or patronising.

Peace, bro!

You are one seriously patronizing bast....errr....no.... If I say that I will be on topic! grin.gif

So what do you think about lemonade? It is sour yet sweet. I like it cold on a warm day.

it would chuck all the wood that a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Pov,

That is way too on-topic for this thread! mad.gif

372805-311037-notifymod.gif

OMG you're right! I have fallen into the classic blunder! But WAIT! Isn't YOUR RESPONSE a bit too on-topic to MY response? hmmmmmmm? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dear Gramps With Cramps,

Is there ANYTHING you say that isn't referential to The Princess Bride in some way??!?!!?!?

893frustrated.gif

Love, Inigo

Due to complaints received elsewhere, I'm deeming this thread 'Hijack friendly'. Please feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with hijackings here. All other posts will be deemed OT and will hopefully be subject to divine moderation.

I think the Q-Tip of your profundity just poked my brain.

Say, speaking of things that are unspoken,

1. I saw these awesome raw books for sale on Ebay buy a seller named comic-keys could anyone pass along info ...................

2. I just paid off my credit card can the crash happen now.

3. Look at the loser who just dropped 25x guide on CGC 9.something graded comic.

4. I can't stand shipping profiteers, what about you Deathlock?

5. The next forum dinner is at my place, where we will roast CR-Mile High and the other BSD gang, while debating the start of the Bronze Age.

6. If you are bored Bach 'o Comics has some interesting pics to make you feel better, batteries not included.

7. Ok, last time we left our heroes, it was JC verses alot of ppl, Supa vs. Hammer Aka alot of things, Greggy reading DC love stuff and 'house pontificating about his goth princess - man I can't wait for next episode.

8. I remember when bug................

9. Pretty book of the day, er [!@#%^&^] I'm in Monterey and my comics are not.

10. If you could only do one thing, starring one hero verses another with the worst dealers on Ebay are ranting about CGC with the help of the forum free speech monitors what would it be?????????????????????????????

Back to regularly scheduled programming - this was witty, but my vote for post of the year is still Scarface - If you havent heard

C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I think we're entitled to them.

C-K: You want answers?

CBG: I want the truth!

C-K: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH ! ! ! Son, we live in a world that has comics. And those comics have to be restored by men with tools. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Steve Borock? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for restored books and you curse the scammers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that restoration, while tragic, probably saves comics. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves comics...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that book. You need me on that book.

We use words like trim, color touch, staple replacement...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent as a power seller. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very pristine books I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up an x-acto knife and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

CBG: Did you restore your books?

C-K: I did the job I needed to do.

CBG: DID YOU RESTORE YOUR BOOKS?

C-K: YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID ! ! !

Scarface circa. 2004

Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.

Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.

Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.

Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.

Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.

Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.

Vizzini: Enough of that.

Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?

Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.

Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.

Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH.