• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA World's Finest (tough issues), some SA keys, etc

54 posts in this topic

Well, we dodged a hurricane, but schools are closed and so is UPS and PO, etc.... so I sit here staring at 2 boxes of CGC books that are "for sale"...

Domestic shipping is $7-15 (depending on zip, etc)... all forms of payment accepted... Credit cards direct, Paypal and checks/money orders (they get 3% discount)...

first :takeit: in thread of PM works for me...

any questions, PM me!

thanks

rick

First up is World's Finest Comics #55

only 7 total in the census (6 unrestored, 1 qualified)... this one has the distinction of being the lowest graded.... making it affordable considering how scarce it is...

$199

wf55-1.jpg

next up is issue 58 (I have a 57 too, but can't decide if to keep my 5.0 or 5.5)

pretty scarce ...only 9 census copies ...this copy has never before been publicly offered for sale that I am aware of

$250

wf58.jpg

Next up is issue 56...another very scarce isssue...

this is one of only 3 copies in the census (I own one of the other 2)...

$150

wf56s-1.jpg

I respect the scarcity of this book. Presumably when it was on the newsstands, only three copies sold nationwide, all the others were pulped. This may be the penultimiate lame cover of all time, certainly the top echelon of lameness. WTF is going on?

Also, what in the World are the Finest trio doing on that cover of 55? By the expression on Batman's face, he has something lodged in his rectum that doesn't allow him to flex his lumbar spine.

next up is a nice copy of issue 59

again, only 4 issues in the census , this is the second highest...I just bought this copy in April (so it should be in gpa)

$325

wf59-1.jpg

Next up is SA Green Lantern #1

book looks like a 8.5 or better (another example of buy the book, not the label), but has small tear top of back cover...

$2999

gl1cgc75-1.jpg

off to the movies right now, but I should be listing a Hulk 1, TTA 27, BB28 and 29, Avg 4 (maybe a 1), maybe a AF 15, maybe a Spidey 1 (likely keeping the af15 and spidey 1, but if the mood moves me)...

stay tuned and check back... might even throw in a Timely Cap or MMC or 2

$150

wf56s-1.jpg

I respect the scarcity of this book. Presumably when it was on the newsstands, only three copies sold nationwide, all the others were pulped. This may be the penultimiate lame cover of all time, certainly the top echelon of lameness. WTF is going on?

Also, what in the World are the Finest trio doing on that cover of 55? By the expression on Batman's face, he has something lodged in his rectum that doesn't allow him to flex his lumbar spine.

Robin and Superman are doing what we used to call when I was a kid, "Indian wrestling".

You both hold hands and plant your feet. Then you make moves, either pulling or pushing or whatever, while not moving your feet. Your right feet are supposed to be planted against each other and your left feet are supposed to be behind you, for balance..

The object of the game is to cause the other person to lose his balance, thereby moving his feet. First one to lose his handgrip or move one of his feet, is the loser.

Fun game actually. But Robin going against Superman. I don't think so!

$150

wf56s-1.jpg

Robin and Superman are doing what we used to call when I was a kid, "Indian wrestling".

You both hold hands and plant your feet. Then you make moves, either pulling or pushing or whatever, while not moving your feet. Your right feet are supposed to be planted against each other and your left feet are supposed to be behind you, for balance..

The object of the game is to cause the other person to lose his balance, thereby moving his feet. First one to lose his handgrip or move one of his feet, is the loser.

Fun game actually. But Robin going against Superman. I don't think so!

What's fun about this is that Superman is faking it and spinning his hand for balance. Good stuff! What comics were all about!

the World's Finest books from issue 50 to bout 70 are just fun, quirky, golden age goodness...

however, it is an extremely challenging run to put together as most copies are very scarce (forget about high grade, in most instances, just try to find "any" copy)... I have been working on it for 5 years and while I have at least 1 issue of all from 50-80, I still have some upgrading to do...

I love these books. These are what got me collecting GA, actually your last large worlds finest thread. It just presents a lighter side of comics.
very fun and not very much money (relatively speaking!)

I mean, how often do you get a chance to buy a GA book ,that maybe there are only 100 or less copies out there (and that might be generous) for $300 or under (shrug)

there is another apsect of those books that makes them desireable....they are one of only two DC titles published in the "giant" 15 cent roundbound format. Comic Cavalcade being the other (funny animal). Part of the scarcity is due to the price.

They are wonderful books full of great stories and art. World's FInest started with a solo Superman story, then had 4 or 5 stories with everything from Tomahawk, Green Arrow and other features and ended with a solo Batman story.

Pick up one of these big boys and look through it...you will be hooked :cloud9:

there is another apsect of those books that makes them desireable....they are one of only two DC titles published in the "giant" 15 cent roundbound format. Comic Cavalcade being the other (funny animal). Part of the scarcity is due to the price.

They are wonderful books full of great stories and art. World's FInest started with a solo Superman story, then had 4 or 5 stories with everything from Tomahawk, Green Arrow and other features and ended with a solo Batman story.

Pick up one of these big boys and look through it...you will be hooked :cloud9:

well said... all of the copies I bought raw and had cgc'd after enjoying them :cloud9: