• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the Zatanna fans - an ongoing series next year.

24 posts in this topic

I also enjoyed the Zatanna 7 Soldiers mini. Surprising, because most of those minis were not my jam.

The key is she needs a solid supporting cast (to take all of the focus away) and to break away from the one-dimensional sex-pot nature she's always written as.

Pat

I think Dini can do it. He's a talented writer who has had lots of comic and TV experience. And his wife is a magician so he may get some other details right.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you. Dini is a fantastic writer (and not in a flashy way).

Frankly, my problem with DC has been the short commitment of a solid writer to a book. The obvious exceptions are the ones that I did enjoy: Flash, JSA, and GL by Johns, Dini by Detective (though he was on and off), etc. But books like Action Comics were irritating because you never knew if Johns was doing it or not. And I REALLY hate to have the holes in the collection. I guess for me, I love seeing the long runs. But I know that is a dying desire in comics.

Pat

I guess for me, I love seeing the long runs. But I know that is a dying desire in comics.

I don't think you're alone in this assessment. I'd love to see longer runs by a single writer and/or artist instead of these short TPB-friendly arcs we're getting now. The longer runs let a creative team develop character and plot much more effectively.