• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

The buyer is not the only bidder who bid high on the book. I don't know what the bid increment is but didn't two bidders bid $12,000? The winner and the runner up?
Apparently there were 4 bidders taking that book into the stratosphere.

"A CGC'd version sold for $12,000"...

doh!

CGC > PGX

-slym

CGC ∞ > PGX

While I agree with this - I think the gap in narrowing. The lone PGX book I sold on eBay went for quite a bit more than I expected and probably higher than a CGC book in 9.8.

For those curious it was a recent modern graded 9.9.

Wow... may I ask what GPA would be for the CGC copy, and what you sold the PGX for?

-slym (isn't asking for the book's title, so isn't asking for GPA like that) ;)

35.00 GPA versus 90.00.

By the way, this is well on its way to being the greatest thread ever and would make a great Mastercard commercial:

The first New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9: $12,250.

10 sessions with a psychiatrist: $3,500

The notoriety gained from making the most ridiculous comic purchase ever: Priceless :acclaim:

:bump:

By the way, this is well on its way to being the greatest thread ever and would make a great Mastercard commercial:

The notoriety gained from making the most ridiculous comic purchase ever: Priceless :acclaim:

Actually this should go in the "best post every" category :applause:

This will go down in the history books. He would've done equally as well if he burned the money

This will go down in the history books. He would've done equally as well if he burned the money

Says the guy who sells ultra high grade niche books.

Exactly! I sell them, not collect them. Anything that touches my hands now is purely to flip and make a quick buck before the bubble bursts in everyones face.

Exactly! I sell them, not collect them. Anything that touches my hands now is purely to flip and make a quick buck before the bubble bursts in everyones face.

honesty :cloud9:

Walking up to your wife and telling her that you'd bag Jennifer Biel (or actress if your choice) if you had the chance is honesty too. Doesn't make it expedient.

lol

Walking up to your wife and telling her that you'd bag Jennifer Biel (or actress if your choice) if you had the chance is honesty too. Doesn't make it expedient.

lol

On the contrary, I think the subsequent knee to your nutsack would arrive most expediently after your little bout of "honesty".

lol

On the contrary, I think the subsequent knee to your nutsack would arrive most expediently after your little bout of "honesty".

My wife would just laugh and tell me to do the dishes when I wake up.

lol

Nah, it will only make her realize that she has to compete for your attention, and it'll make her want you more. But instead of "Jennifer Biel" (whoever that is), mention her sister.

P.S. I've never been married.

Jennifer Biel was a collaborative effort between Jessica Biel and Jennifer Love Hewitt. I've got video to prove it.

:insane:

lol

Nah, it will only make her realize that she has to compete for your attention, and it'll make her want you more. But instead of "Jennifer Biel" (whoever that is), mention her sister.

P.S. I've never been married.

You don't say? meh

And I'm the one that bought some of his ultra high grade books :acclaim: