• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

That's not the same book.

This is a third blue label NM 98 in 9.9. :ohnoez:

Can someone google "astronomical" for me?

This was a great thread. I love economists.

Have there been any 9.9 sales since?

1 of the 9.9's is a Sig Series and if I recall correctly it sold for a little more then half that 12K number.

Will other high grade books "come forward?" Probably. But even with others -- or even a perfect 10 -- the odds of landing this issue, in this objectively graded condition by industry experts who are presently recognized as "The Authority" on comic book condition, is astronomically remote. The only difference would be that now someone else would have another extremely rare -- and valuable -- high grade comic.

I am curious to see how this holds up. My understanding of the word "astronomical" must be off. I look forward to discovering the cure for cancer tomorrow during an intermittent rain storm of unicorns and doughnuts while negotiating a peace accord in the Gaza Strip and getting blown by Christy Turlington.

If you were a woman, I'd let you have one of my babies.

This was a great thread. I love economists.

Have there been any 9.9 sales since?

1 of the 9.9's is a Sig Series and if I recall correctly it sold for a little more then half that 12K number.

Bahahahahaha

The buyer of the original book at $12,250 PM'd me and asked me to google "gastronomical" for him...is that close enough?

The buyer of the original book at $12,250 PM'd me and asked me to google "gastronomical" for him...is that close enough?

Was it to see if it is physically possible to actually eat ones words, and to determine whether that is what is causing the sinking feeling in his stomach?

Will other high grade books "come forward?" Probably. But even with others -- or even a perfect 10 -- the odds of landing this issue, in this objectively graded condition by industry experts who are presently recognized as "The Authority" on comic book condition, is astronomically remote. The only difference would be that now someone else would have another extremely rare -- and valuable -- high grade comic.

I am curious to see how this holds up. My understanding of the word "astronomical" must be off. I look forward to discovering the cure for cancer tomorrow during an intermittent rain storm of unicorns and doughnuts while negotiating a peace accord in the Gaza Strip and getting blown by Christy Turlington.

mess. If I were a chica, I wouldn't even blip your radar. Best I could hope for would be the Olive Garden and some frottage.

mess. If I were a chica, I wouldn't even blip your radar. Best I could hope for would be the Olive Garden and some frottage.

The most important thing a girl needs to have in order to get my attention is daddy issues.

The funny part will be when it sells for that much.

I will be sure to write a letter to notify my great great grandchildren to watch for that.