• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am going to re-read Liefelds New Mutants run.

121 posts in this topic

Reminds me of a quote from Andrew Dice Clay. hm

"It's like masturbating with a cheese-grater. Slightly amusing, but mostly painful."

(thumbs u :roflmao:

thanks, I am getting a kick out of reading the reviews on Amazon about it, some loved it, others hated it. :)

I'll open myself up to dumping on...

If you get the trade, read it, and decide to sell it on... let me know. I wouldn't mind a trip down memory lane (thumbs u

thanks, I am getting a kick out of reading the reviews on Amazon about it, some loved it, others hated it. :)

If you get the trade, read it, and decide to sell it on... let me know. I wouldn't mind a trip down memory lane (thumbs u

Me three. Also, if anyone has a good, high quality iron, I'm going to see if I can iron another crease in my nutsack. That ought be just as fun.

Me three. Also, if anyone has a good, high quality iron, I'm going to see if I can iron another crease in my nutsack. That ought be just as fun.

If you ask nicely, Noljoner will probably iron it for you, while serving you sweet tea and fried eggplant.

:luhv:

(please let him read this post, please let him read this post....)

If you ask nicely, Noljoner will probably iron it for you, while serving you sweet tea and fried eggplant.

:luhv:

(please let him read this post, please let him read this post....)

This post makes baby jesus, the prophets and the heavenly host; countless legions of seraphim and cherubim, all cry, to the point of uncontrolled sobbing.

I have forgotten just about everything Liefeld.

You have achieved what most of us can only dream of accomplishing, and you want to undo it?! For Pete's sake, man!

:baiting:

I think I'm the only person who does like his art. I don't know why. I just do. I know it's bad. Maybe I have tumor.

I don't mind it either. People think it is cool to slam him whether they really dislike him or not. No, he is not great with anatomy. But neither were some other artists including Kirby, yet they worship him. TOS #88 has one of the worst covers I have ever seen, yet nobody talks about it.

No..... Liefeld is no Neal Adams. He made a certain style of art which was very stylized and which EVERYBODY was crazy about when it came out. I worked in a store at the time, and people were absolutely nuts about it. They liked it as much as Jim Lee X-Men, and nearly as much as McFarlane Spider-man. New Mutants #87 was the hottest book I had ever seen to that point.

My advice, read it and make up your own mind.

I think I'm the only person who does like his art. I don't know why. I just do. I know it's bad. Maybe I have tumor.

I don't mind it either. People think it is cool to slam him whether they really dislike him or not. No, he is not great with anatomy. But neither were some other artists including Kirby, yet they worship him. TOS #88 has one of the worst covers I have ever seen, yet nobody talks about it.

No..... Liefeld is no Neal Adams. He made a certain style of art which was very stylized and which EVERYBODY was crazy about when it came out. I worked in a store at the time, and people were absolutely nuts about it. They liked it as much as Jim Lee X-Men, and nearly as much as McFarlane Spider-man. New Mutants #87 was the hottest book I had ever seen to that point.

My advice, read it and make up your own mind.

I was wondering when somebody was going to step up.

Obviously he was a big hit back in the day. I wonder how many people posting today actually read it and enjoyed it.

I was wondering when somebody was going to step up.

Obviously he was a big hit back in the day. I wonder how many people posting today actually read it and enjoyed it.

My initial "go-around" in collecting was in full effect when Liefield hit the scene. I was never a big fan of his, but I had a friend that collected that was rabid about him.

A few years back, Liefield was one of the guest artists in B'more. I couldn't believe the line for him. He may have had even more people than Jim Lee or Frank Cho. So you're correct, Roy. He still has a very large following.

I think NM#98 will be his ASM#300 (even moreso than NM#87). Deadpool was one of the better new characters of that time. I think the book is one of the few books from that time-period that will garner a premium compared to others from the same time.